Author Topic: CWP Pro: User accounts are locked  (Read 19795 times)

Re: CWP Pro: User accounts are locked
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2019, 04:19:34 PM »
Hello

what is the status of the security module from the admin

Security -> User Login Segurity
It's not active and I didn't touched anything in it.

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2019, 04:44:37 PM »
this failure is very strange, but try this to solve, activate and deactivate the blocking service and let me know how it was

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2019, 04:08:56 AM »
this failure is very strange, but try this to solve, activate and deactivate the blocking service and let me know how it was
I tried to suspend the account and it shows the proper error, same with wrong password and wrong username. But when entering correct credentials it just always say "incorrect access" and I can't find any reason why this happens.

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2019, 06:20:10 AM »
Hi,

When I had this problem Mighty Dr.Wolf posted this suggestion: -

===========================================================

hi
just go to the cwp admin and change the password of this customer to (Random Password)
and then with this RANDOM password go to the customer web panel and change it from there to whatever you want >>>
sorry for my english :)
Regards

This worked for me and I hope it helps you?

Kind regards

HTA

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2019, 07:58:37 AM »
Hi,

When I had this problem Mighty Dr.Wolf posted this suggestion: -

hi
just go to the cwp admin and change the password of this customer to (Random Password)
and then with this RANDOM password go to the customer web panel and change it from there to whatever you want >>>
sorry for my english :)
Regards

This worked for me and I hope it helps you?

Kind regards

HTA
I did that and nothing change, that's why I'm getting confused right now, but I changed the default mysql password, is that the case? But I already updated the mysql config file of cwp

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2019, 03:56:55 PM »

Seems I always have to come back to this thread and nothing in here works.  CWP always blocks me on the "USER ACCESS" port 2082 and 2083.   I can log in to the root panel on port 2030 and 2031 with no issue.    I ran

#grep -r <MY IP NUMBER> /etc/*

from the console to find which file has my IP numbers in it and my IP is nowhere in any file on the system.  Why am I being blocked?  My IP number is nowhere in the CSF rules, nowhere in the firewall rules, nowhere on the system period.  And in fact why am I able to reach port 2030 and 2031 and not port 2082 and 2083 on this server even when I whitelist my IP in the root control panel?  Seems that should take precedence and override anything else on the system which is blocking me.

Can someone provide a detailed response instead of "Look in Security -> User Login Security".   I am running CentOS 0.9.8.769. 
If getting CWPro will fix this I will gladly get it but a good reason as to why this happens would be a good start.

Much appreciated.

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2019, 03:41:15 AM »
If you are seeking for blocked IP's, you must check with the command:
Code: [Select]
# iptables -L -n | grep <YOUR IP NUMBER>

...or, if you are using "ipset":
Code: [Select]
# ipset list | grep <YOUR IP NUMBER>

If your IP are not in that list, you are not being blocked in your server, is possible to be a block in your ISP.