Author Topic: Bug? Wordpress - mysql user in wp-config.php  (Read 11860 times)

Bug? Wordpress - mysql user in wp-config.php
« on: March 15, 2019, 10:54:34 PM »

Let's say I create a new account/domain in my root panel, and the username is siteuser1.

I then login to the user panel and want to install Wordpress addon, under Advanced i specify username for the database as DBuser1

Then in my wp-config.php file it will write siteuser1_DBuser1 as user login for the database.
Code: [Select]
define( 'DB_USER', 'siteuser1_DBuser1' );
But then when you want to run the initial installer for Wordpress at "Domain/wp-admin/install.php", it throws database errors.
As soon as i change the user to ONLY siteuser1.
Code: [Select]
define( 'DB_USER', 'siteuser1' );
Then everything works fine.

I just started testing if CWP is for me, and I just find this strange. But maybe it could be me who still got some messed up settings??.
Running on CentOS 7

Re: Bug? Wordpress - mysql user in wp-config.php
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2019, 11:12:25 AM »
way not install WordPress whiteout the CWP addon?

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2019, 08:13:59 PM »
Same problem for me....

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2019, 12:33:57 PM »
way not install WordPress whiteout the CWP addon?

I could do that, and have done before.
But because, it's a feature in there. You would want it to work, especially if you had other users using or paying.
It's also super simple and fast.

Anyway, I don't know if it's a bug or something I missed. I now see there is other person too.

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2019, 08:38:54 PM »
There is a potential workaround for this worth trying.

Installation remote is free and will install a variety of popular apps remotely.

Users create a free installation remote account and enter the appropriate cwp user account details and it installs WordPress for them.

I haven't tested this method personally with cwp to see if it works, however in all honesty it should. If it doesn't I would suggest changing control panels to something else...you can't have the most popular cms in the world not easily installable. That will lose clients very quickly these days...everyone expects WordPress to be a one click install.

Wordpress/joomla/drupal/magenta one click install is a fundamental requirement for a long time and I am surprised that cwp, being a modern panel can't handle this correctly. It suggests developer lack of knowledge and /or incompetency which considering how beautiful the panel is, I'm sure it's just an inadvertent oversight.

Try the installation remote option and see if it works. If I get time today I will run it on my cwp vps and report back. My gut is telling me it may only work for a high access level user like admin (for all our sakes, i hope that isn't the case)

Kind regards
Adam

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2019, 09:21:22 PM »
Here another CWP PRO user with the same error when installing WP from CWP User Panel.

I tried WP manually, but it is sad that the module does not work.

Configure the data in wp-config.php of the database correctly, but fail to create the database.

I can't see the logs of errors in the logs.

I enclose some screenshots that improve the design of the WP module for CWP.

Thank you, I hope that administrators run the simple module of installing WP.