Author Topic: AutoSSL Hangs and Fails  (Read 19759 times)

AutoSSL Hangs and Fails
« on: March 30, 2019, 10:44:32 AM »
I just reinstalled CWP from scratch and AutoSSL is not issuing an SSL for the hostname, in addition to this when attempting to enable autossl for any domains installed on the server causes the install process to hang and not complete. I'm not sure where to troubleshoot this because no error is generated, any use of Autossl just hangs for forever. Any recommendations for how to troubleshoot?

Re: AutoSSL Hangs and Fails
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2019, 01:39:13 PM »
Hello

Because you say he got stuck?

Can you upload a screenshot?

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2019, 06:17:32 PM »
Sure, this is what it looks like on the add a domain screen of the user login (This is a real domain pointed to the server):

http://tetraevents.com/domain.png

While the processing...! will never resolve, the domain will get added. If you go to the user AutoSSL screen it will act normally at first, it will say Validating! iin the button next to your domain after you select your domain, and if you click install it will give the Success! notification, but, it will not have added an SSL and here there will be an error "Error_domainError_domain":

http://tetraevents.com/domain2.png

From the root SSL Certificates menu it will hang forever, never resolving "Installing please wait":

http://tetraevents.com/domain2.png

If I attempt to add a new user with a real domain that is pointed to the server and select generate AutoSSL at the bottom of the add a user page, it will get stuck at the blank page where it is processing the new user, however, unlike the other items where the end result is no effect happening, attempting to add a new user with AutoSSL enabled for the domain will cause the user account to fail to provision correctly with all kinds of issues, such as not being able to add domains, etc, and it will never complete adding the user. VS the expected behavior of, if AustoSSL fails the user is still provisioned but the SSL is not generated. The only real visible direct error is in the user AutoSSL page when it says Error_domainError_domain after attempting to generate an SSL.

As I said, this is a brand new installation from scratch, with CWP Pro, on Centos 7. Every action with auto SSL generation causes that action to hang without ever completing. I really need a solution.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 06:19:50 PM by bentsea »

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2019, 09:41:33 AM »
Did you ever find a solution for this problem? I am experiencing the same issues and cannot for the life of me figure out what has gone wrong.

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2019, 11:35:02 AM »
Same here all of a sudden...

And cannot get back on the portal after that. Had

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2019, 02:38:16 PM »
Same here all of a sudden...

And cannot get back on the portal after that. Had
Exactly! Trying to install or renew any SSL certificate through the AutoSSL page causes the entire CWP to hang completely. I have to reboot the whole server to get it to work again. :(

Everything worked perfectly earlier today and stopped working after I removed one user/website/database/ssl cert and then tried to re-add it again. When I initially added this user/website/database/ssl cert yesterday everything was fine. However I had some problems with the CMS installation for the website and wanted to restart with a clean slate. So I nuked everything for that user today and created from scratch. When I went to add the SSL cert for this domain the AutoSSL page hung and I had to reboot the server. Now if I try to use AutoSSL for anything at all the whole thing just hangs for ever and I have to reboot the entire server.

I can manually generate a LetsEncrypt SSL cert over SSH using certbot and then manually add it via CWP and the cert works fine, so there does not seem to be any problem with the domain or with LetsEncrypt, something is not right with the way AutoSSL is working.

Something is very wrong... Help!

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2019, 07:35:27 PM »
Exactly same problems here on a newly installed server

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2019, 08:11:59 PM »
Same here, the AutoSSL bring the whole CWPanel to a halt. Only when I run the /scripts/restart_cwpsrv does it return to normal, but with no SSL installed. If I let it run for a long time it finally loads the SSL, but I mean long like 10+ minutes.

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2019, 08:54:53 PM »
I see a few changes to the acme commands, CWP uses the following tags

• --certpath
  • --keypath
  • --fullchainpath

But the acme man page uses

• --cert-file
  • --key-file
  • --fullchain-file

Not sure if that could be that cause.

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2019, 09:00:50 PM »
This is happening only after yesterday update.

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2019, 09:35:59 PM »
I also see this line at the end of the log

It seems the CA server is busy now, let's wait and retry. Sleeping 1 seconds.

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2019, 10:38:09 PM »
I also see this line at the end of the log

It seems the CA server is busy now, let's wait and retry. Sleeping 1 seconds.

Yes the same is happening on my server too, it seems  a bug!!

Admin Please help!!

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2019, 12:26:07 AM »
Also the same bug - admin/index.php?module=ssl_certificate

when I press "Create Auto SSL to all available domain"  - the entire system hangs and and when I try to go back to dashboard, entire CWP7 admin panel is "stuck" and simply hangs.

New server with only 2 accounts.

To get back into dashboard, I have to access server console and reboot machine!

CWP version: 0.9.8.893

EDIT:  I guess this issue must be quite big because even the CWP website & forum is insecure and suffering with ssl issue ... (you can see in your browser address bar "Not secure" message - unless it's fixed by the time you are reading this - here is screenshot:  https://imgur.com/a/6FRvPN7

« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 12:42:51 AM by HereIam »

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2019, 08:33:59 AM »
AutoSSL is down!
Nobody cwp's team answer in this forum..

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2019, 02:40:13 PM »
I faced the same issue, in user panel when clicking SSL it just hanged and i wasn't even able to log back in.

Then tried it on root admin and made SSL and same issue again.

Waited 30 minutes and finally was able to log into root and I see SSL was created.

Not sure whats going on but it worked for me after some waiting.