Author Topic: Did I finish my install or not? I'm not sure please help.  (Read 6806 times)

Did I finish my install or not? I'm not sure please help.
« on: April 01, 2019, 07:06:32 PM »
Hello,

I think I made it all the way to almost the end to where I was supposed to press "enter" then reboot. My console timed out before I had the chance, and I thought maybe I'll try updating/reinstalling but it said nothing to update.

I have these issues right now:

I got an installation confirmation at this address:

http://cpanel.get-content-now.com/

but a timeout error at this port:

http://208.113.128.7:2030/ (I'm supposed to log in here to finish setup I guess?)

It also shows up without the port number.

http://208.113.128.7/

I wasn't sure if it had anything to do with domain propogation or if I just didn't finish the installation.

Can I just go to the folder and install the script? If so, I'm not sure what my root password is.

All I have is "my root password"

then the mysql and SSH logins

Not sure how to access the folders I need to fix this.

Re: Did I finish my install or not? I'm not sure please help.
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2019, 10:19:51 PM »
You need to login to server again and reboot.
After, visit the CWP admin from http://<ip>:2030 and login with root and root password.

You need to set up your DNS - either you use CWP as your private DNS or use an external DNS.

If you external DNS, please create an A record to point to your VPS

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2019, 11:59:27 PM »
After, visit the CWP admin from http://<ip>:2030 and login with root and root password.

You need to set up your DNS - either you use CWP as your private DNS or use an external DNS.

Since I first posted this, I deleted everything and started over, so I have a new ip now. Either way, I confirmed that the problem was not with my ip but there is something wrong every time I try to connect to port 2030. Because it does confirm that the software is on the server when I go to the subdomain where it is installed.

I was trying the forward techniques I saw in another post concerning this, but I'm not even sure I understand how it is done.

To further clarify...concerning the root username and password...I don't know what that password is...because...I never got a chance to change it, not even after the second install during which I paid attention the whole time...

I got a message telling that my root password is "ssh server root password" but I never set a server root password. So why would I need one? And how do I proceed if I don't have a password? (I thought I had a key not a PW what the...?)

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2019, 12:17:50 AM »
One more thing:

My console (terminal) kicks me out every time I press "reboot." Then I'm not sure where or how to return to where I was before the system disconnects me.

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2019, 04:38:24 AM »
The "root" password is the password of the administrative access to your server.
How you did access it..??
Before you attempt to install CWP, you must have accessed your server through a password. This is the "root" password for the system administrator.

Regards,
Netino

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2019, 07:30:08 PM »
The "root" password is the password of the administrative access to your server.
How you did access it..??
Before you attempt to install CWP, you must have accessed your server through a password. This is the "root" password for the system administrator.

Regards,
Netino

I set up an SSH key and then just automatically logged in from PuTTY. Once in the terminal, the only way I could get to my root user is after I logged in as the default "centos" and then performed the "sudo bash" command. It wouldn't let me in as a root user any other way.

At this point, after the second install, I am convinced that it was completely installed. It just doesn't show up on port 2030, and I'm still unsure of how to open up or the correct way to forward two and from that port -- or even if that is my issue.

I'm not sure why I can't connect to my ip via port 2030 because I can access it without that port (the CWP confirmation page but NO login page :(
I
I was going to try to connect to WinSCP, and I might try again, but I couldn't get into it that way either. I can get in via ssh but wanted to get in to at least view the folders especially if I can then access the scripts and just find my way into my login page that way. Or just inspect the folders at least or something.

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2019, 01:45:56 AM »
OK.
So, make a ssh connection to your server, and run:
Code: [Select]
# netstat -nat | grep 2030

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2019, 05:56:09 PM »
Before installing cwp,
You need to go to your "vps provider" control panel>network/firewall settings and ensure that tcp ports used by cwp are open (port 2030 being one of them).
You won't be able to log into the panel if you don't do this!

This has nothing to do with the default apache cwp page. That page is on port 80 and by default will most likely already have been op3ned for you by your vps provider network/firewall settings. Custom ports like 2030 will not be open by default.
It also has nothing to do with ssh port 22...which would also be already open by default.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 05:58:00 PM by adamjedgar »