Author Topic: Why is the "SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS" not explained even briefly?  (Read 4386 times)

I have tried several hosting software, but the only thing preventing me from trying this is the 'system requirements' page.

Example:

Define additional IP address, subnet address, and default gateway IP address for your server — your service provider can provide you with this information.
??

What? How?? Usually, when I buy unmanaged VPS, I usually install Plesk, cPanel with ease, even floxlor has a simple url based install guide, and others have similar guide. Not one of them throws words around and expect you to figure out.

I have been a web developer for some years, I have sites hosted in VPS with LEMP stack or docker but I have done everything without defining additional ip, subnet, gateway ....

Also, what is with "Define additional IP address" ... I know how to buy an ip address for $1 but what do I do after that? How do you define this ip address??

Can someone edit the front page please? and tell me how to configure subway, gateway..

Re: Why is the "SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS" not explained even briefly?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2019, 10:53:10 PM »
In all honesty, people who don't know what these things mean, or don't know how to find said information from the "vps providers" own control panel, shouldn't be using a vps in the first place!

CWP is not responsible for IP addressing...you are supposed to setup a brand new vps with minimal Operating system install in place before adding a control panel to it. That is all done via the vps provider interface.

From there, finding the relevant information is simple.

Re: Why is the "SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS" not explained even briefly?
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2019, 09:48:27 AM »
I have tried several hosting software, but the only thing preventing me from trying this is the 'system requirements' page.

Example:

Define additional IP address, subnet address, and default gateway IP address for your server — your service provider can provide you with this information.
??

What? How?? Usually, when I buy unmanaged VPS, I usually install Plesk, cPanel with ease, even floxlor has a simple url based install guide, and others have similar guide. Not one of them throws words around and expect you to figure out.

I have been a web developer for some years, I have sites hosted in VPS with LEMP stack or docker but I have done everything without defining additional ip, subnet, gateway ....

Also, what is with "Define additional IP address" ... I know how to buy an ip address for $1 but what do I do after that? How do you define this ip address??

Can someone edit the front page please? and tell me how to configure subway, gateway..

I agreed with @adamjedgar , 
For proper CWP Installation Guide  : https://www.awsmonster.com/p/cwp-installation-and-configuration_12.html

just inbox For CWP help