Author Topic: CentOS WebPanel with Digital Ocean droplet: Setting up Email  (Read 5046 times)

Hi guys,

Totally sold on the product...last bit is setting up email....

This is my process:
1. Add the account (and specify the domain)
2. Create the email address for this domain
3. Create Dkim (and SPF) records

I then do to the DNS zone to check(get) all DNS records, and duplicate DNS records in Droplet Domain. Is this necessary, and do I need to add additional DNS records.

And do I need to add addtional MX, PTR, TXT records for emails to work. E.g. do I need to setup reverse PTR records????

(Also what should be my nameserver in the web panel , NS1.DIGITALOCEAN.COM or ns1.mydomain.com
In my Domain Host, I've already specified  NS1.DIGITALOCEAN.COM for my nameserver)

Please assist, cannot send emails from outlook. error message:
Server error: '450 4.7.1 Client host rejected: cannot find your hostname, [x.x.x.x]'

Re: CentOS WebPanel with Digital Ocean droplet: Setting up Email
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 04:37:18 AM »
I solved my issue:

On the domain registrar:
1. Setup glue records by specifiying ns1.yourdomain, ns2.yourdomain and point it to your IP address ( where this is possible). Not all registrars allow this.
2. But you MUST change the name server to your NS records, as above, ie ns1.yourdomain, ns2.yourdomain

Note this wil be the nameservers as setup in CWP.

Dont reset domains in DO, everything comes from DNS Zone in CWP.

If you do go though Cloudflare, use cloudflare's NS records in point 2 above. CL will then point to your domain

Dont worry about PTR records, out of box CWP will setup everything for you, and following steps., i.e Add account, add email, build mailserver.

Thanks guys

Re: CentOS WebPanel with Digital Ocean droplet: Setting up Email
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 05:18:12 AM »
also remember, some mail spam detection software require DMARC dns records in addition to your existing reverse ptr/spf and DKIM.

So dont forget to also create _DMARC and add this to your dns zone.