Author Topic: How to perform this procedure?  (Read 4155 times)

How to perform this procedure?
« on: June 03, 2019, 07:52:50 PM »
Well, I call it "procedure" because I'm not sure what the name would be.

I have also done several searches but without success, perhaps because of the problem of not knowing the name of the procedure.

The scenario is as follows:

1. I have the fictitious domain for this example: "test.net"

2. I have two servers: "srv1.test.net" and "srv2.test.net".

3. In the server "srv1.test.net" i will use the authoritative DNS for the domain "test.net" and host site plus client area.
In this server i have DNSs "ns1.test.net" and "ns2.test.net ".

4. In the server "srv2.test.net" will be allocated the hosting packages with all services like email, ftp, database, etc.
In this same server the clients will manager they own zone editor.

By default the domains contracted and added to the accounts will use the DNSs "ns1.test.net" and "ns2.test.net".

The question is, how to accomplish this configuration? What is this configuration called?

-For all actions taken in the zone editor of the server "srv2.test.net" going to be replicated in the server "srv1.test.net".

Or is this procedure used by too many providers done differently?

Re: How to perform this procedure?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2019, 11:50:26 AM »
on the main server you should manage dns zones as other server should be dns slave
You can google for dns slave setup or wait cwp to have it released in a several days as its already completed.
VPS & Dedicated server provider with included FREE Managed support for CWP.
http://www.studio4host.com/

*** Don't allow that your server or website is down, choose hosting provider with included expert managed support for your CWP.