Author Topic: Drop in server performance.  (Read 7041 times)

Drop in server performance.
« on: July 08, 2019, 04:36:25 PM »
I apologize if this question was raised, I could not find.

After a month, the performance of vps dropped noticeably.
When trying to log into CWP, after entering the login and password, you have to wait about 20 seconds. The CWP interface download speed has dropped significantly.
If I try to open a used site (I use opencart), then I also wait 10-15 seconds for a download. The CPU usage reading at this point (CPU Usage) is 50%, and Disk IO 40-50.
The opencart admin panel also has problems loading the module settings.
Is this problem related to the CWP itself or is this a problem with the VPS?
This problem occurred a second time. The first time decided to reinstall VPS and CWP. After reinstalling everything worked fine until recently. I did not conduct any manipulations with CWP. Only setting up sites.

System Info:
CPU Model: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2670 0 @ 2.60GHz
CPU Details: 2 Core (2600 MHz)
Distro Name: CentOS Linux release 7.6.1810 (Core)
Kernel Version: 3.10.0-957.12.2.el7.x86_64
Platform: x86_64 kvm
CWPpro version: 0.9.8.847
Падение производительности сервера.
Прошу прощение если этот вопрос поднимался, я найти не смог.

По прошествии месяца заметно упала производительность vps.
При попытки войти в CWP, после ввода логина и пароля, приходится ждать примерно секунд 20. Скорость загрузки интерфейса CWP заметно упала.
Если попытаться открыть используемый сайт (использую opencart), то так же секунд 10-15 жду загрузки. Показание загрузки процессора в этот момент(CPU Usage) - 50%, а Disk IO 40-50.
В админ панели opencart так же наблюдаются проблемы с загрузкой настроек модулей.
Связано ли эта проблема с самой CWP или же эта проблема с VPS?
Эта проблема возникла уже второй раз. Первый раз решил переустановкой VPS и CWP. После переустановки всё работало отлично до последнего времени. Никаких манипуляций с CWP не проводил. Только настройка сайтов.

Re: Drop in server performance.
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2019, 08:15:52 PM »
system admin should check that server or support

try this command to see what is high resource demanding
top -b -n 2 -c
VPS & Dedicated server provider with included FREE Managed support for CWP.
http://www.studio4host.com/

*** Don't allow that your server or website is down, choose hosting provider with included expert managed support for your CWP.

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2019, 03:28:47 PM »
The command did not show significant server loads. At night, Moscow time, the server worked fine, and this afternoon it’s bad again. Apparently problem with the VPS itself. Since the graphics of the processor and disk load show the load on the server, while with the server no work is done.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 03:32:47 PM by zondar »

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2019, 04:28:05 PM »
Your disk io is bad, that could be an issue, are you using hdd or ssd? I would recommend switching to ssd if it isnt.

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2019, 08:33:33 PM »
This VPS uses HDD. It was decided to go to the physical server, but now there is an error rDNS / PTR = FAILED, since this is not a VPS and there is no PTR record setting. There is also no control panel for this server.

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2019, 03:08:25 AM »
You have to switch to ssd as that is the likely culprit for your high cpu usage, for rdns records, you have to ask your host to do it for you, as that have to be done not on the box itself.

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2019, 11:44:51 PM »
When contacting support, we made a PTR entry

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2019, 06:13:24 AM »
Hello,

I am experiencing a lot of performance drop that even i am unable to type any command on SSH and I have to manually ask the hosting provider to reboot the server but it never changes the situation. I am using dedicated server with dual 2.6GHz Xeon Processors and 16GB RAM. Websites open quick but whenever I try to log-in to CWP Admin panel it keeps on processing and never shows the dashboard.

Kindly tell me how can i figure out that what is causing the problem.

Thanks,