Author Topic: Install then move my files.  (Read 7897 times)

Install then move my files.
« on: March 19, 2015, 08:13:23 AM »
Hi,
First of all i want to congratulate the team and to say after i manage to install and move my files i will make my contribution in donation, because this is just fair.

My situation now:
I have about 35 domains hosted on a reseller account with my name servers setted there like ns1.domain.tld and ns2.domain.tld they point to the IP of the reseller provider.

Soon i want to move to CWP, but i want to do it right, as i have clients that have IMAP mail accounts there.

So i thought i will start my installation of the cwp with server1.domain.tld as hostname.
I will point the ns1 and ns2 to two IPs i have setted on my server.

I will proceed with moving one account for test.

I will sped one night micrating all accounts.

After the migration is done, i will go to name.com and change the pointing IPs to my new IPs...

After that all shoud be good.

In theory i think is ok, but please tell me, i missed a step ?
Will i have to do something else ?

Thank you for your patience.

Also i want to mention that i will not use a rented vps, I have my own.
My skills in linux are basics. I am fairly good at folowing tutorials and have a general ideea where some files are.

*** EDIT***
Also, i have to mention that my CPanel reseller uses r1soft backup system. Can i use those archives to restore accounts?
Or i will have to move them manually.
How to manage the emails?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 08:19:30 AM by tedeu »

Re: Install then move my files.
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 08:54:51 AM »
Make cpmove backup of each account. Move them to cpw server inside /home directory. Login to cwp and navigate to User Accounts --> cpanel migration and restore each of your accounts.

If you are on windows edit host file, add one of your domain to it and ip and test if everything is seup perfectly. If yes, proceed with DNS migration.

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 02:36:01 PM »
Ok ... so this is what i tought too...
I will start migrating in a weekend night just to be sure.
thank you.

Also i have a question, since is 0.9.8.x ... can i have it in production ? will it update fine once the 1.x marker is reached?

i don't want to be stuck with this version forever. Once i move them will be hard to discontinue service, even for few hours.

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2015, 02:49:39 PM »
Version 0.9.3 is stable and everything is working for now. We have been using CWP on some of production servers. If you come across certain issue regarding CWP, feel free to contact cwp admin and pay a small fees and get it fixed or post on this forum to get it resolved. I think CWP is worth to try.

Best of luck :)