Author Topic: User unknown in local recipient table  (Read 17226 times)

User unknown in local recipient table
« on: April 01, 2016, 03:36:34 PM »
Hello . I have a problem sending e-mail. The error log indicates the following errors

pr  1 11:26:14 edicoescobra postfix/trivial-rewrite[1750]: warning: do not list domain edicoescobra.com.br in BOTH mydestination and virtual_mailbox_domains
Apr  1 11:26:14 edicoescobra postfix/smtpd[1745]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from mail-qg0-f42.google.com[209.85.192.42]: 450 4.1.1 <contato@edicoescobra.com.br>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table; from=<cobra@janelaaberta.art.br> to=<contato@edicoescobra.com.br> proto=ESMTP helo=<mail-qg0-f42.google.com>

Already I googled a lot and it seems to be SPF problem. It which indicates the site mailtester.com

You're not fully authenticated
We check if the server you are sending from is authenticated
[SPF] edicoescobra.com.br does not allow your server 162.243.24.154 to use contato@edicoescobra.com.br
Sender Policy Framework (SPF) is an email validation system designed to prevent email spam by detecting email spoofing, a common vulnerability, by verifying sender IP addresses.

You do not have a SPF record, please add the following one to your domain edicoescobra.com.br:

v=spf1 a mx ip4:162.243.24.154 ~all

[Sender ID] edicoescobra.com.br does not allow your server 162.243.24.154 to use contato@edicoescobra.com.br
Sender ID is like SPF, but it checks the FROM address, not the bounce address.

You do not have a SPF record, please add the following one to your domain edicoescobra.com.br:

v=spf1 a mx ip4:162.243.24.154 ~all

theoretically I should just insert a line (v=spf1 a mx ip4:162.243.24.154 ~all) in the DNS Zone of my main domain, right? I tried to insert an A RECORD TXT and did not work. Here in the forum says that you must enter manually. I went by the CWP, edited manually and enter the RECORD and continues accusing the spf is not configured.
Can anyone help me, I'm stuck for days in it.
thank you

Re: User unknown in local recipient table
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2016, 07:55:54 PM »
Looks like you haven't resolved this yet, hopefully the forum will email you.

What you need to do an add an SPF record, you can't enter it as an A record you need to enter it as a TXT record. That's where you made the error.

I can tell you didn't set it up by looking for your SPF (AKA TXT) Record in DNS.

Once it proprogates, go back and test it with MailTester as you did before.

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2016, 08:18:22 PM »
hi,
check is you ip on some blacklist and then check this website you will get respond is you dkim or spf ok...

https://www.port25.com/support/authentication-center/email-verification/

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2016, 12:32:42 AM »
Hello, thanks for the help. Actually I found part of the error. Just now I realized I needed to configure an external DNS server. I set the main rules in FeeDNS. I was using unintentionally DNS my registrarr.

Now yes the changes in the rules made effect. I inserted the TXT rule but had no effect, perhaps you have not yet propagation DNS.

My main doubt now is whether the TXT rules of SPF and DKIM should be inserted in FreeDNS DNS or CWP DNS?