Author Topic: cPanel account Migration, Email passwords not correctly copied  (Read 6883 times)

cPanel account Migration, Email passwords not correctly copied
« on: September 22, 2019, 05:06:37 PM »
Hi,

When migrating a cPanel account using the built-in tool, the email accounts passwords don't seem to be migrated and users cannot log into their email accounts (webmail, etc).

Workaround 1: The advice from this link works on moving the hashed password from a cPanel text file to the "postfix" database in CWP: http://wiki.centos-webpanel.com/how-to-manually-import-emails from about half way down (How to copy email passwords from cPanel server). It should be possible to automate this as part of the migration tool, no?

Workaround 2. Each email account can have its password reset from the CWP account panel.

Re: cPanel account Migration, Email passwords not correctly copied
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2020, 05:10:15 PM »
Hi,
I am also struggling with this issue. Theres no way email password are imported during transfer account from cPanel to CWP. I was trying all 3 available options: converting whole cPanel server, recovering from cPMOVE file and transfering between cPanel to CWP.

I found temporary solution -
in this WIKI article : https://wiki.centos-webpanel.com/cpanel-to-cwp-server-convert first step of converting is to collect data.
So You do in cPanel SSH terminal:
Code: [Select]
1. download script
#wget dl1.centos-webpanel.com/files/s_scripts/el7/cpanel-converter/1-cpanel-data-export.sh

2. make it executable
#chmod +x 1-cpanel-data-export.sh

3. execute it
#sh 1-cpanel-data-export.sh

This script create a file in folder "/root/migration/email_accounts.sql" with correctly prepared passwords for email account along with SQL statement ready to execute in phpMyAdmin  (beginning of the file).

Now the correct procedure is to firstly import email accounts credential to a database and THAN to import an account (either by recover from cpmove file or transfer between servers). You can do this oterwise but than You need to replace "Insert" with "Update" in SQL statement otherwise it won't work.