Author Topic: DNS for your domain dosen't point to this server  (Read 5679 times)

DNS for your domain dosen't point to this server
« on: September 23, 2019, 08:20:11 PM »
OK I've read all of the topics that I can find relating to this error when it comes down to renewal of Auto SSL. I get the dreaded DNS for your domain dosen't point to this server.
It happened when we changed service providers and had a new IP address. Now I can only issue a self certificate and most web browsers tell the users that the site is dangerous and that hackers will kill their children if they dare to even contemplate viewing it.

I've tried changing from Varnish-Nginx_Apache to simply Nginx, but nothing. Tried to stop firewall, but nothing.
I did change the public IP in CWP settings and rebuilt the web servers. I also changed the IP address in the account settings.
This particular server is only running one domain and the DNS is set up through Free DNS manager and I've done those changes in their too.
The domain hasn't any .htaccess in the root and as far as I know there aren't any 301 redirects set up.
I'm concerned as I have server two going through the same provider changes in a couple of days and that has a lot of domains, so I',m desperate for a solution

I'm running CWP7Pro on both.... any help would be appreciated

Re: DNS for your domain dosen't point to this server
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2019, 08:32:25 PM »
+1 for this, i think its a bug.
i also had this same issue after latest update.
I went through and downgraded to only run Apache..
then.. back up to Apache->Nginx..
then Apache->Nginx->Varnish..

etc..

it took quite a bit..
I also think i had to, or chose to rebuild all vhosts..
reset/saved the DNS/Hostname..

yeah.. i dont know unfortunatley exactly which area worked..
but *eventually*, it returned..

oh, yeah, i removed all my SSL's and then did this stuff mentioned above (rebuilding etc),
and then reenstated the SSL (again)..

yup.  its a pain.. too much almost..

+2 (again) @we should have the choice to when we want our updates.!!
the last several have broken *something*, its been ugggggggh!

Looking at alternatives already for servering, (VestaCP), etc.
sad really.
I think theyre going to fast, and trying to build too much.

:/
X

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2019, 08:58:35 PM »
Thanks x1705
I've just tried that but it didn't work.
Interestingly though I think you're right about the bug, because part way through your solution I actually got an error message saying that an ssl certificate couldn't be installed as there was one installed already.... but there isn't one installed.
So this must be a bug

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2019, 07:49:43 PM »
Solved

I trolled the server to try and find the reason why I got this message. None of my accounts (domains) had any re-directs or .htaccess settings that would have caused this. Rebuilt webservres, vps and went as far as to completely rebuild Centos 7 and reinstall CWPn and still had this issue.
Sometimes you can't see the woods for the trees.
In my router was set my cctv and as it was using port HTTP 8080 that was a redirect and I was unable to set the SSL certificate... Check the routers guy's