Author Topic: Email addresses with "+" (plus) sign for sorting  (Read 4405 times)

Email addresses with "+" (plus) sign for sorting
« on: September 24, 2019, 08:48:11 AM »
Is there any simple way to add in WebGUI some checkbox for enabling of receiving emails with + (plus) sign ?
For example main email is joe@example.com.
And all email like joe+something@example.com goes to joe mailbox with same recipient.

What I needed to change is /etc/postfix/master.cf
Solution found here: https://superuser.com/questions/587458/postfix-unlimited-per-user-addresses-via-sign
# Dovecot LDA
dovecot   unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
#  flags=DRhu user=vmail:mail argv=/usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver -d ${recipient}
  flags=DRhu user=vmail:mail argv=/usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver -f ${sender} -a ${recipient} -d ${user}@${domain}

And also there is another bug in User web interface -> Email Accounts -> Mail Forwarders (Alias)
I can make forwarder for test1@example.com -> test2@example.com
But if I want to save test1@example.com -> test2+test1@example.com I gave message that it was sucessfult but record does not show in table.
Workaround is that I make test1@example.com ->test2@example.com and then edit record and change it to test2+test1@example.com
But there is another bug, when I edited it, it show in table as it must but when I click edit again, "+test1" part of redirection email is missed.

I hope that I write this in right topic.

Re: Email addresses with "+" (plus) sign for sorting
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2019, 05:28:46 PM »
Thanks...in our quest to migrate from CPanel to CWP this was one that was stumping us. Appreciate the post.

Next...we need SMTP SNI support and I think we're good.....