Author Topic: RoundCube Mail Login Not working for Cpanel Migrated Accounts  (Read 8319 times)

RoundCube Mail Login Not working for Cpanel Migrated Accounts
« on: November 11, 2019, 09:53:10 AM »
Hi,

We had migrated data using Full Backup file uploaded to /home and used the CWP account restore plugin and restored all the email, we have 3000 email accounts in total. After migration we tried to login to the email via roundcube and it shows Login failed.

So we checked the /usr/local/cwpsrv/var/services/roundcube/logs/error.log

And we saw that Roundcube is returning Authtication error for the email password we used on Cpanel, Since the password is common for all 3000 accounts for testing purpose.

Then i goto Mail section and changed the password of one of the email account and updated the password and we can login to RoundCube.

So here the issue we think is that, After migration to CWP, the password we used on cpanel is changed, so how can we bulk update all the email password of 3000 account to a common password.

Looking for a prompt response,

Re: RoundCube Mail Login Not working for Cpanel Migrated Accounts
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2019, 03:38:17 PM »
I know this issue is CWP BUG. I see same problem. After cPanel ro CWP migrate all E-Mails passwords not work and must reset.

Re: RoundCube Mail Login Not working for Cpanel Migrated Accounts
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2019, 04:49:23 AM »
HI , I had checked the Postfix Database and selected the mailbox table and saw that new mail created with CWP use SHA512 hash and cpanel migrated accounts are plain MD5. So i run a command on phpmyadmin to set all the mail account password to a common password.

UPDATE `mailbox` SET `password`='{SHA512-CRYPT}$6$4b4051f160a0e629$5lbtav7AkY8MyZsx8fzxCQ6H4ccg3/vzlb4e4J1FCSYvVuHEYfpiOu7u8jtXoA6885nzHDjH/' WHERE `domain` = 'yourdomain.com'

in this use your Domain on your domain.com so that all data6ase will updated with the common Sha 512 Password.

For creating the correct Sha512 password, first you create a mail account via CWP control panel and copy the password SHA512 and use that for replacing all other accounts.