Poll

Do you think it's a good idea to increase the price of the CWP PRO license so that the panel can be improved?

Yes
16 (69.6%)
No
7 (30.4%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: Current work to improve CWP.  (Read 26390 times)

Re: Current work to improve CWP.
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2020, 02:41:40 PM »
Improvements are impossible without our feedback.  Yesterday I provided a lot of feedback on the nature of the problem with the failed User login.  I told them:
  • Turning of firewall made no differenc
  • Turning off mod_sec made no difference
  • All logs were checked for errors, none found
  • Source code for user login page was different between the functioning user login and the non functioning login
  • ssl log showed a problem in the priority of statements

I suspect that made their job easier and they quickly came out with a new release that fixed the problem.  Should I send them an invoice for my time?

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2020, 03:26:57 PM »
Improvements are impossible without our feedback.  Yesterday I provided a lot of feedback on the nature of the problem with the failed User login.  I told them:
  • Turning of firewall made no differenc
  • Turning off mod_sec made no difference
  • All logs were checked for errors, none found
  • Source code for user login page was different between the functioning user login and the non functioning login
  • ssl log showed a problem in the priority of statements

I suspect that made their job easier and they quickly came out with a new release that fixed the problem.  Should I send them an invoice for my time?

Of course, just as we do when the faults are in other panels, we also bill CPanel when we alert them of the errors... ;)

We're supposed to have a good panel, so we're supposed to collaborate.

We have created a module that enables IPv6 in the CWP servers and can be assigned to the domains, we don't want money, what we want is to improve the product we use. I think we all want the same thing at the end of the day.

Partner de CWP

Hosting de calidad en España con soporte en Español para CWP - https://www.coriaweb.hosting

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2020, 10:08:26 PM »
Opening the source code, I think, would not be a solution at all. The important thing is that you get organized with a roadmap and improve so that we can bring more customers to this panel.

Opening the source code would allow knowledgeable users to fix our own errors that arise, and submit patches.  More coloration from developers and users always makes a better product.  If they are worried about certain functions, then fine, encode the core functions. I've already developed a 2FA option for CWP, but the developers don't respond to anything, so it might be their loss.

The way they are trying to incorporate 2FA using JQuery/Ajax from what I've seen so far is a joke, and easily worked around.
Google Hangouts:  rcschaff82@gmail.com

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2020, 04:32:25 AM »
I agree with rcschaff. There are many knowledgeable users/developers are willing to work with CWP team but they are not responding a way they should.

If they make CWP opensource (and they can make the core functions encoded, that's not a problem), CWP will progress much faster than it is now.

Users will be able to contribute to bug fixes and feature implementation. I have asked them on this matter many times but no response yet.

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2020, 10:44:57 AM »
I agree with you. For example, we sent you a module to be able to use IPv6 and I don't even know if you have reviewed it to incorporate it. And we have it working.

In that aspect, the team should give more facility to receive collaborations. Without contributions, the only thing they can do is slow down.
Partner de CWP

Hosting de calidad en España con soporte en Español para CWP - https://www.coriaweb.hosting

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2020, 01:38:39 PM »
:) Hi to all,

I ask that as far as assistance is concerned, the CWP Team should operate like this:

- For CWP Free Version:

Limited assistance only through this support forum aka "Community-based support" and without any possibility of receiving assistance via ticket.

- For CWP PRO paid Version:

Assistance through support ticket limited to one request for one single problem at a time because for multiple support requests there is already a support plan of $ 12.99 a month and up to three multiple support requests.

As for the cost of the CWP PRO license, I agree that the price must be absolutely raised and I think that this range of values at the moment is absolutely reasonable and super cheap given all that is offered with CWP PRO:

- CWP PRO License Monthly Cost up to a minimum of $ 3.99 to a maximum of $ 4.99 per month.

Reason all of the above reminding you of the costs and functions of the best known and most famous control panels just to refresh your memory:

- cPanel License Prices:

Solo > 1 account = $ 15.00 Monthly;
O.S. supported: Cloud Linux - Centos 6.x, 7.x
cPanel License Annual Cost: $ 180.00 + VAT.
CWP PRO License Annual Cost: $ 17.88 ($ 1.49 Monthly) included VAT.
WITH CWP PRO YOU SAVE $ 162,12 + VAT ANNUALLY.

Admin > Up to 5 Accounts = $ 20.00 Monthly;
cPanel License Annual Cost: $ 240.00 + VAT.
CWP PRO License Annual Cost: $ 17.88 include VAT ($ 1.49 Monthly) included VAT.
WITH CWP PRO YOU SAVE $ 222,12 + VAT ANNUALLY.

Pro > Up to 30 Accounts = $ 30.00 Monthly;
cPanel License Annual Cost: $ 360.00 + VAT.
WITH CWP PRO YOU SAVE $ 342,12 + VAT ANNUALY.

Premier > Up to 100 Accounts (Each Account above 100 Accounts $0.20 each) = $ 45.00 Monthly.
cPanel License Annual Cost: $ 540.00 + VAT.
WITH CWP PRO YOU SAVE $ 522,12 + VAT ANNUALLY.

- Plesk License Prices:

Web Admin Edition > Up to 10 Domains = $ 9.16 Monthly + VAT;
Included: WordPress Toolkit SE.
O.S. supported: Cloud Linux 5.x, 6.x, 7.x - Centos 6.x, 7.x - Debian 7.x, 8.x -  Ubuntu 12.x, 14.x
Plesk License Annual cost: $ 100.76 + VAT (One Months is Free for annual subscriptions).
WITH CWP PRO YOU SAVE $ 82,88 + VAT ANNUALLY.

Web Pro Edition > Up to 30 Domains = $ 13.75 Monthly + VAT;
Included: WordPress Toolkit SE - Developer Pack - Subscription Management - Account Management.
O.S. supported: Cloud Linux 5.x, 6.x, 7.x - Centos 6.x, 7.x - Debian 7.x, 8.x -  Ubuntu 12.x, 14.x
Plesk License Annual cost: $ 151,25 + VAT (One Months is Free for annual subscriptions).
WITH CWP PRO YOU SAVE $ 133,37 + VAT ANNUALLY.

Pro > Unlimited Domains = $ 41.25 Monthly + VAT;
Included: WordPress Toolkit SE - Developer Pack - Subscription Management - Account Management - Reseller Management.
Plesk License Annual cost: $ 453,75 + VAT (One Months is Free for annual subscriptions).
WITH CWP PRO YOU SAVE $ 435,87 + VAT ANNUALLY.

- Direct Admin License Prices:

Trial (60 days) > 1 Account Up to 1 Domains = $ 0.00 Monthly - Expire in 60 Days
Included: Fully functional license with all feature (Expire in 60 Days) - Community-based support - Seldf installation.
O.S. supported: Cloud Linux 6.x, 7.x, 8.x - Centos 6.x, 7.x, 8.x - Debian 8.x, 9.x, 10.x -  FreeBSD 11.x, 12.x
Direct Admin License Monthly cost: $ 0.00 (Expire in 60 Days).
CWP PRO FREE Annual Cost: $ 0.00 (Never Exipre).

Personal > 1 Account Up to 10 Domains = $ 2.00 Monthly + VAT;
Included: Community-based support - Seldf installation.
O.S. supported: Cloud Linux 6.x, 7.x, 8.x - Centos 6.x, 7.x, 8.x - Debian 8.x, 9.x, 10.x -  FreeBSD 11.x, 12.x
Direct Admin License Annual cost: $ 24 + VAT.
WITH CWP PRO YOU SAVE $ 6,12 + VAT ANNUALLY.

Lite > 10 Account Up to 50 Domains = $ 15 Monthly + VAT;
Included: Unlimited techinical support - Free installation.
Direct Admin License Annual cost: $ 180.00 + VAT.
WITH CWP PRO YOU SAVE $ 162,12 + VAT ANNUALLY.

Standard > Unlimited Account and Unlimited Domains = $ 15 Monthly + VAT;
Included: Unlimited techinical support - Free installation.
Direct Admin License Annual cost: $ 348.00 + VAT.
WITH CWP PRO YOU SAVE $ 330,12 + VAT ANNUALLY.

- ISPConfig License Prices:

Free > Unlimited Account and Unlimited Domains = $ 0.00 Monthly - Never Expire
Included: Fully functional license with all feature - Community-based support - Self installation.
O.S. supported: Debian v9 and v10 - Ubuntu v16.04 and v18.04 - CentOS v7
Monthly cost: $ 0.00 (Never Expire).
CWP PRO FREE Annual Cost: $ 0.00 (Never Exipre).

Obviously I have used all the above control panels and I can guarantee you that CWP PRO has no equal neither in price nor in functionality included.

CWP PRO has as its great advantage the ease of use, practically you can easily create and manage even a complex webserver like Nginx + Varnish + Apache PHP-FPM thing that with the other panels above it is not possible to do it or if it is possible to do it it is very very complicated both during installation and management as it is all or almost left to the shell commands, while with CWP PRO it is practically a point and click and this is just to give an example.

Now, and this is my personal thought, so take it as such, I appeal to all users who use CWP PRO, in my opinion, you can not expect the moon and that is to have at $ 1.49 includes VAT per month, the best and perfect control panel ever, also because the other and famous control panels that cost at least 10 times as much as CWP PRO and that also have thousands and thousands of customers more than CWP PRO, also because, and those who have used them know, the most famous and expensive control panels, have a lot of limitation and less functionality than CWP PRO, also many of them charge through third-party plugins to have functionality that in CWP PRO are including.

As for security, it is obvious that the most famous control panels can be safer, as they can count on a user base hundreds of times larger than CWP PRO and this helps them in the discovery and resolution of many bugs.

Specifically, I have never had any security problems in CWP PRO and by searching on Google I have not read about any serious recent security problem regarding CWP PRO which, if well configured, is also much safer than the most famous and expensive panels of in fact, just to give an example, in addition to including CSF (Config Security and Firewall), it also includes Mod Security with OSWAP and COMODO WAF rules in CWP PRO.

So to conclude in my opinion at the moment the license of CWP PRO for $ 1.49 per month is literally sold out because in my opinion CWP PRO, already now and as it is, is worth much, much more.

For this, in my opinion the license of CWP PRO should cost at a minimum of $ 3.99 to a maximum of $ 4.99 per month.

If the CWP PRO Team aligns its prices as recommended by me, we would all earn because the CWP PRO team would have more money to invest in developing CWP PRO.

Of course I am also convinced that for every CWP PRO update they should release the relevant changelog and that for every CWP PRO update it is not necessary to overwrite everything every update.

I want to say to all those who complain that they do not receive assistance on this forum that assistance costs and must be paid and as for the most famous and expensive administration panels, assistance on the forum is Community-based.

Furthermore, if you search on Google you will find many, many very good guides for CWP Free and for CWP PRO in many other forums or blogs, this means that the use of CWP Free and CWP PRO is always on the increase and this thanks to its excellent quality and convenience.

From personal experience I can tell you, having purchased the CWP PRO paid assistance package, which at the level of paid assistance are UNBEATABLE, because they are very prepared, quick and kind.

Now if you are not convinced of what I say, try to have if someone sells you a beautiful Ferrari or Lamborghini brand new car and fully functional for $ 1000 (in my opinion you will continue to walk on foot for a long way).

Instead of complaining, think if there was no CWP Free and CWP PRO, we try to help them and make them grow, for example I ask all the hosts and suppliers of the server to implement it and I always advertise CWP Free and CWP PRO because I am convinced that it is already one of the best control panels ever and that in the future it will have great potential and that certainly will not disappoint us and I am convinced of this.

Among other things, those like us who perhaps have more knowledge than others could occasionally and without any effort help some other user so as to make this forum grow, this means creating a community and not waiting for things to always fall from heaven by grace received.

And I conclude: Do not complain too much and thank those who work wonders with few resources and practically give their work for free or for very few pennies a month, practically not even the cost of a coffee !

Have a good day everyone and: « Stay hungry, stay foolish. »

Current work to improve CWP ...

With present price of CWP Pro it is no way they''ll be able to ...

some more improovements that cwp musto to ...

+1 for the above, but I think ...

1. Fix what's broken ...

5. Get a serious panel name.  Branding is everything. kokpit.com ...

I agree with rcschaff. There are many knowledgeable ...
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 02:03:34 PM by Automata »

« Stay hungry, stay foolish. »

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2020, 02:33:04 PM »
Total BS on the previous post.  Obviously connected to the developers.  Very obvious.

I think the developers should start paying apache.org for every download and php for every download, and mariadb for every download that users require to run cwp.  Whats good for the goose is good for the gander.

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2020, 02:56:53 PM »
This thread needs to be moved to a NEW CATEGORY  called Lounge or something similar. 

Posts to this thread or subjective, personal, biased, speculative, political, accusatory, self serving, and of no use to the general community of this forum.

REAL IMPORTANT:
Too many posts are being posted in the wrong category.  Moderators are ignoring this.  Users who are too lazy to post in the proper category should be warned and then removed if they continue to post everything to the first category.  We need more moderators and I volunteer.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 03:00:10 PM by pixelpadre »

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2020, 02:59:44 PM »
Great answer Automata.

I also think that CWP is superior to many panels, we work with several and we have tried "almost all", including, paid, free, almost disappeared... :D

And I can say that CWP is even superior to CPanel many times in some aspects. And as it says, it is true that many functions we use in CPanel with additional cost in licenses, here it is free.

Applause.
Partner de CWP

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2020, 03:02:26 PM »
Yep, @Automata is a tripper! "..the best and perfect control panel ever.." yeah, right.
A wall of text there, with little actual substance. There is no way you can compare CWP with WHM/cPanel nor (crappy) Plesk and those new inflated prices are only due to the same company trying to rape its' customer base.
Since those price rises last year, many have been looking for alternatives and CWP have done themselves no favours, even though potentially they could have cornered the market. On the face of it, CWP is the best of the alternatives but subtle spelling mistakes, poor implementation, frequent bugs, obscurity and other areas, push it down the "league".
The DA retail prices that were quoted are easily reduced by shopping around/choosing a good provider. It has too many complex/disparate items, IMO and hasn't been thought out too well.
Webmin/Virtualmin is a mess from a GUI perspective, IMO but at least it's possible to trust that your sites will run consistently.
Other panels are either too basic, with limited features or their 'ecosystem' is full of bloat.

Wake up and smell the roses.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 03:05:49 PM by ejsolutions »

« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2020, 03:14:08 PM »
Here's just one example to illustrate a point.
File Manager at Admin/root level: it should open at / not /root - otherwise it's a waste of space. If unable to code it to detect the admin/root user, then implement ConfigServer Explorer at Admin level, leaving the existing File Manager for Resellers/Users.
This was my original complaint but appears to now have been addressed, at least in CWP Pro but no-one thought to tell us!

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2020, 03:22:22 PM »
I'm thinking of moving to ispconfig3

Cwp just does not listen there is no changelog for the 40 thousand updates for the last 3 months plus some of the software is outdated.

phpMyAdmin for example
Version information: 4.7.9, latest stable version: 4.9.4
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 03:24:28 PM by Martins-phpbb »

« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2020, 03:01:45 AM »
after i try many "web-panels", i can confirm CWP the best Free Panel you can get,
many features make your job easy & secure

i have 3 servers running CWPpro for almost 2 years, everything work well, but sometimes like every web-panels, updates break something and they 'll fix it fast after you send mail to them

they just need to improve existing services and not add other features to after making sure that everything is working perfectly .

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2020, 10:54:58 AM »
What they should do (from now on). Is make the changelog work.

I found new bugs to fix:

* Cannot use the migration tool from CPanel, it always says it doesn't connect to the server.
* The new backup system, which keeps making incremental copies, should fix it by setting the limit and deleting the previous ones up to the number of days indicated.
Partner de CWP

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2020, 01:36:44 AM »
What they should do (from now on). Is make the ...

Hi "coriaweb",

You reported it to the developers of CWP and CWP PRO ?

« Stay hungry, stay foolish. »