Author Topic: Multiple NAT IPs to 1 server  (Read 3671 times)

Multiple NAT IPs to 1 server
« on: January 16, 2020, 05:06:07 AM »
Has anyone successfully setup multiple IPs on a cwp7 server with all IPs as NAT and successfully applied different IPs to different sites?  Cpanel does it, so does centos and other software so I am unsure if it is a limitation cwp or what.  I need assistance and I am willing to pay to help me get it working as we want to get away from cpanel.  I already tried the route of cwp paid support and they brought my customers down completely and nothing on the server worked.

Re: Multiple NAT IPs to 1 server
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2020, 04:26:15 PM »
Has anyone successfully setup multiple IPs on a cwp7 server with all IPs as NAT and successfully applied different IPs to different sites?  Cpanel does it, so does centos and other software so I am unsure if it is a limitation cwp or what.  I need assistance and I am willing to pay to help me get it working as we want to get away from cpanel.  I already tried the route of cwp paid support and they brought my customers down completely and nothing on the server worked.

Not sure if I need to re word this for a better understanding.  The CWP servers have internal IP addresses.  We use a Palo Alto firewall to setup NAT rules towards those internal IPs.  All the IPs are 1:1 dedicated.  Following the cwp guidelines to add more IPs on the server, we have our main ip which is ens160 and so I created a ens160:0 and ens160:1 and so on.  I then make sure we have an external IP in our palo alto firewall with a NAT rule pointing to each internal ip.  I also validate i can ping each ip from outside my network and I do get a response.  The problem is, when I go to a user account, set it to dedicated package, then edit and change the ip to one of the virtual interfaces, the website will not respond.  The websites only respond when attached to the main shared IP
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 04:42:05 PM by bughatti »

Re: Multiple NAT IPs to 1 server
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2020, 07:32:53 PM »
Sounds like you need some SNAT/DNAT routing in your csfpost.sh
I do this on a proxmox server, with NATted hosts.
You might temporarily disable csf, to establish the routes manually/via a script. Upon success, add the needful to csfpost.sh