Author Topic: Site accessible from everywhere but my network dns problem?  (Read 4594 times)

Site accessible from everywhere but my network dns problem?
« on: February 19, 2020, 11:37:10 PM »
Hi i hope someone can help me. Im running centos 7 with cwp latest. Apache only and 1 dynamic ip at the moment. I have NS1 and NS2 pointing to my ip and have also created my own NS on namecheap and have my domains pointing to them NS. Problem i am having is none of the websites or even my server domain will load on my network. I can only view them on my mobile network also ive had various people check from there network and it works fine for them. I have tried Digwebinterface and A record comes up with my ip. The only thing i dont have at the moment is PTR record. My router is a EE smart hub.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Site accessible from everywhere but my network dns problem?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2020, 11:50:40 PM »
DNS points to the external IP.  You cannot go from inside the NAT to outside and back in without a routing table.  If you want to see the sites internally, you need an internal DNS server setup to the private IP address instead of the NAT ip/ with all of the domain names.

It can get confusing very quickly if you're not sure what you are doing.  I'll just leave it at that :)
Google Hangouts:  rcschaff82@gmail.com

Re: Site accessible from everywhere but my network dns problem?
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2020, 11:56:30 PM »
Requirements Before the Initialization of CentOS Web Panel installer:

We only support static IP addresses. We do not support dynamic, sticky, or internal IP addresses.