Author Topic: Cwp-Cwp migration fail  (Read 5564 times)

Cwp-Cwp migration fail
« on: March 03, 2020, 11:09:06 AM »
Sandeep says I have to create a separate thread with Fail details.  If it is a system Fail why do you need any more information.  This is the job of developers to investigate.  We identify Failures....developers maybe try to fix.

Others have reported same issue.  Developers can create API key and test.  Very simple.  What is the problem with Sandeep?  Do you deny the problem which you have already acknowledged in a previous post that migration does not work properly?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 11:11:41 AM by pixelpadre »

Re: Cwp-Cwp migration fail
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2020, 01:14:52 PM »
I agree with pixelpadre.

I could see that sandeep is closing the forum threads unnecessarily where these topics can help others. For example, if I have a same issue which is already posted + discussed in the forum, why should I open a new topic.

Regarding the topic CWP-CWP migration fail, it has been discussed many times on the forum and the developers should be able to detect the issues and fix it rather than waiting for the people to report the issues.

Overall, CWP is the best free control panel but team needs a lot of changes like responding on the forum, updating changelog page, fixing bugs quickly, testing panel on different environment, etc..

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2020, 01:31:13 PM »
Good luck with looking for a change for the better.  ::)

I only discovered this nearly by accident:
https://bugs.control-webpanel.com
For people who can properly report issues that are directly related to CWP, as opposed to general hosting issues.

The above is the way forward, IMO but detailed changelogs really are a necessity.

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2020, 02:11:53 PM »
pixelpadre and jamshed_206 if you've your own server issues don't bump other's topics and old topics, create your own.
since if the discussions are continued like that i need to move it to off topic
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 02:18:24 PM by Sandeep »

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2020, 02:20:25 PM »
Sandeep says I have to create a separate thread with Fail details.  If it is a system Fail why do you need any more information.  This is the job of developers to investigate.  We identify Failures....developers maybe try to fix.

Others have reported same issue.  Developers can create API key and test.  Very simple.  What is the problem with Sandeep?  Do you deny the problem which you have already acknowledged in a previous post that migration does not work properly?

where is the log ? where it fails on your server ? if you don't know how to check then
check this topic
http://forum.centos-webpanel.com/index.php?topic=7410.msg29215;topicseen#msg29215

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2020, 07:12:03 PM »

where is the log ? where it fails on your server ? if you don't know how to check then
check this topic
http://forum.centos-webpanel.com/index.php?topic=7410.msg29215;topicseen#msg29215

I am not looking for solution. I AM IDENTIFYING YOUR PROBLEM.....NOT MY PROBLEM. Developers can investigate or ignore.  That is there decision. 
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 07:18:04 PM by pixelpadre »

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2020, 07:22:37 PM »
just migrated  12 users via cwp-cwp no problem

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2020, 07:38:08 PM »
just migrated  12 users via cwp-cwp no problem

I suppose you are NOT using cwpPro.....right

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2020, 07:40:52 PM »
2 servers with pro and 1 without pro

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2020, 07:42:57 PM »
Well that is a miracle.  Since the GUI doesnt even support ssh keys or padlocks on api.

Only saints can perform miracles.

So, from now on, you will be called Saint Sandeep.