Author Topic: Job for php-fpm.service failed because the control process exited  (Read 10710 times)

hello, I want to try install php-fpm on my server with cwp. I noticed that the automatic installation with a selector is just for the pro version so I tried to install it manually.

I have php 7.3.15 and followed this guide to install php-fpm https://www.mynotepaper.com/install-latest-php-php-fpm-on-centos-7/
but when I try to run it, I get an error

Code: [Select]
Job for php-fpm.service failed because the control process exited with error code. See "systemctl status php-fpm.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.
if I check the status for details I get

Code: [Select]
php-fpm.service - The PHP FastCGI Process Manager
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/php-fpm.service; disabled; vendor preset: disabled)
  Drop-In: /etc/systemd/system/php-fpm.service.d
           └─override.conf
   Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since ven 2020-03-20 00:00:45 CET; 4s ago
  Process: 13403 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/php-fpm --nodaemonize (code=exited, status=78)
 Main PID: 13403 (code=exited, status=78)

mar 20 00:00:45 cwp.mydomain.com systemd[1]: Starting The PHP FastCGI Process Manager...
mar 20 00:00:45 cwp.mydomain.com php-fpm[13403]: [20-Mar-2020 00:00:45] ERROR: [pool www] please specify user and g... root
mar 20 00:00:45 cwp.mydomain.com php-fpm[13403]: [20-Mar-2020 00:00:45] ERROR: FPM initialization failed
mar 20 00:00:45 cwp.mydomain.com systemd[1]: php-fpm.service: main process exited, code=exited, status=78/n/a
mar 20 00:00:45 cwp.mydomain.com systemd[1]: Failed to start The PHP FastCGI Process Manager.
mar 20 00:00:45 cwp.mydomain.com systemd[1]: Unit php-fpm.service entered failed state.
mar 20 00:00:45 cwp.mydomain.com systemd[1]: php-fpm.service failed.
Hint: Some lines were ellipsized, use -l to show in full.

i have Nginx&apache&varnish...
from what I see the error is probably in the file /etc/php-fpm.d/www.conf
user and group and listen.user listen.group are set to root... is that wrong? if I do a grep to Nginx.conf it says I just have user nobody

how can I fix?

Re: Job for php-fpm.service failed because the control process exited
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2020, 12:19:47 AM »
update - I fixed the user as nobody and now it started with no error. but inside cwp when I do php info I see Server API:   CGI/FastCGI shouldn't it be FPM/FastCGI ????

from ssh when I check fpm status it says is active and running...

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2020, 02:22:51 AM »
hello, I want to try install php-fpm on my server with cwp. I noticed that the automatic installation with a selector is just for the pro version so I tried to install it ...

Hi "antoaunix",

In my opinion, you only complicate your work with the risk of also encountering possible errors.

CWP PRO it is sold at a really low price practically they give it to you almost free, i say this, considering the fact that the prices are as follows:

CWP PRO > 1 Month license ... $1.49 USD (included VAT);
CWP PRO > 3 Months license ... $4.39 USD (included VAT);
CWP PRO > 6 Month license ... $8.89 USD (included VAT);
CWP PRO > 12 Months license ... $11.99 USD (included VAT).

In addition, CWP PRO in addition to PHP-FPM offers much, much more than CWP FREE which is still excellent.

Consider that by purchasing a license for CWP PRO you would help CWP and CWP PRO developers to make it even better by supporting their work and efforts.

If you want you can also read this message of mine in another discussion where i try to explain besides the comparison of costs with other administration panels (where CWP PRO wins big, both for the price and for the many features) also in advantages that are not only economic by CWP PRO !

http://forum.centos-webpanel.com/index.php?topic=8218.msg28315#msg28315

I hope i have been helpful and i wish you a good day and good job.

« Stay hungry, stay foolish. »

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2020, 04:01:14 PM »
I'm sure it's as you said, and I'm pretty sure I'll install the pro version soon. But first I want to get the hang of it for good. I don't like just to use interfaces without knowing what's behind it, how to handle it without it... so please if you can give me an hint about it :D

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2020, 09:50:43 PM »
if you've pro license you can use php-fpm.