Author Topic: High Load - user 'Nobody' consume my server - how to pinpoint a user?  (Read 8635 times)

Hi,
its a way to pinpoint a user nobody account? Since few days some account consume almost all server resources. Ive start to search for NOBODY accounts which is an default Apache user but I cant find anyone using nobody files fights.

Is there a way to find which script/folder cause high load?

"top" command to find out what process is using all of your resources (Chances are apache/mysql/php).
Google Hangouts:  rcschaff82@gmail.com

Thank You - of course  Ive tried top. But still have problem with pinpoint process to specific folder/script.

"top" command to find out what process is using all of your resources (Chances are apache/mysql/php).

once "TOP" is loaded, hit SHIFT+F to bring up interactive selector.  Use up/Down arrows to select RUSER, then hit "d" to add a start next to it.   go back up to %CPU, and hit "s".   Hit "Enter" then "Esc" to see the top used process with a username.

once "TOP" is loaded, hit SHIFT+F to bring up interactive selector.  Use up/Down arrows to select RUSER, then hit "d" to add a start next to it.   go back up to %CPU, and hit "s".   Hit "Enter" then "Esc" to see the top used process with a username.

Thnak You! I didnt know about such function in TOP....

Still - user nobody is known in RUSER column as nobody so didnt help much. ;-) I still dont know what script cause this...

nobody is apache user

nobody is apache user

Hi Sandeep!
thank for stepping by ;-)
I know that an APache username but the issue remains - how to find what script cause high load. Apache is just processing queries made by some script with user set as nobody.

How to precisely find out where is that script?
kind regards,
 Piotr