Author Topic: Proble ipad iphone  (Read 4723 times)

Proble ipad iphone
« on: March 23, 2020, 12:22:46 PM »
Hy i have problem my server and hostname have correctly certificate but iphone and ipad give me an error with ssl becouse the domain of mail is not of domain of hostname i presume.

What is a solutions?

Re: Proble ipad iphone
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2020, 12:58:26 PM »
Go to "Email" (left side) -> Mailservermanager -> Hostname= your serverhostname like srv1.domain.tld and domain= domain.tld

in email settings like imap, u must use your servername like "srv1.domain.tld" or mail.domain.tld depends on rdns settings on ur hosting provider and click "rebuild mailserver"

if ur hostname is srv1.domain.tld you must set ur rdns to the same.
if ur hostname is set to mail.domain.tld you must set ur rdns to the same

dont use on mailsettings on your ipad/iphone just the domainname.

u must set it to example:

Server/Host -> srv1.domain.tld or mail.domain.tld or whatever ur hostname is  DONT use just the domain.tld (for deeper example:

dont use google.de use myhostname.google.de (srv1/mail.google.de) but replace google with your domain.

as username insert the email like info@domain.tld - must be created in userpanel for example.

the reason for that is:

The mailserver runs on your host machine with the same SSL certificate like your cwp.
if you insert just the domain xyz.com in E-Mail settings, your certificate tells your iphone "hmpf - xyz.com is not a valid domain i have to secure" and error apears.

if u use your full hostname like mail.xyz.com or srv1.xyz.com (again, depend whatever u have set) the certificate / server tells your iphone "alright! im legit to secure that domain".

dont forget to use security mode = ssl /port 993 (for imap)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 01:09:31 PM by Nazgile »

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2020, 01:12:26 PM »
Most likely dns has not propagated.  Wait 24 hours.

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2020, 01:23:41 PM »
Most likely dns has not propagated.  Wait 24 hours.

if the host send back "domain of mail is not of hdomain of hostname" its 99,99% the responce from certificat.

if dns is not updated, if he setted up correctly the hostname / mailserver (in mailserver manager) , he will not get this message.

if dns is the problem = the hostname will not be resolve = another error message apers in iphone like "Server under xyz.com not found"

i i recreate the scenario, if i insert in my emailsettings from my iphone just the domain, instead fullhostname, i will got the same error like TA :D

- sry for my bad english, not my native language ^^