Author Topic: How to add PHP 7.4 to PHP Selector 2 (CWP Pro)?  (Read 21286 times)

How to add PHP 7.4 to PHP Selector 2 (CWP Pro)?
« on: April 19, 2020, 05:18:58 PM »
I really need to run PHP 7.4 on my server but it won't appear on PHP Selector 2, this is very disappointing, PHP 7.4 was releases 5 or 6 months ago and CWP don't support it yet.

Any tips how to install php 7.4 on my server, I don't want to break anything I want to keep multiples versions of php but I need PHP 7.4 for one project.

Re: How to add PHP 7.4 to PHP Selector 2 (CWP Pro)?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2020, 10:31:02 AM »
Any news about this?

PHP 7.4 was releases more than 6 months ago and CWP don't support it yet.

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2020, 10:43:24 PM »
To be fair, cPanel just released 7.4 on their software, so if CWP adds it by the end of this month (June 2020) They would be doing great far as timing. Even though they said it would be by the start of 2020 which didn't happen, compared to cPanel they still have a chance to redeem themselves. But cPanel gets paid well... Buckets load more money and resources than CWP so take that into consideration.

CWP been good with keeping up to date for 7.3 with updates so far. Just hope to see 7.4 by the end of this month please.
Trying to help people :)
Chords and Lyrics

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2020, 11:13:39 PM »
The problem, from what the CWP team told us, is that ioncube is still in the beta phase. By the time it is in production, they would implement php 7.4.

https://www.ioncube.com/loaders.php
Partner de CWP

Hosting de calidad en España con soporte en Español para CWP - https://www.coriaweb.hosting

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2020, 04:43:31 AM »
AFAIK ioncube is still not available on PHP 7.4 on CPANEL also as of today. But most of the sites do not use ioncube so I see no harm in releasing 7.4 without ioncube just like what cpanel did.

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2020, 10:25:19 PM »
AFAIK ioncube is still not available on PHP 7.4 on CPANEL also as of today. But most of the sites do not use ioncube so I see no harm in releasing 7.4 without ioncube just like what cpanel did.
Exactly most of the people don't  use ioncube, CWP should release PHP 7.4 without ioncube support, but should release it.

I think almost all control panel already support it. If ioncube never release an update we will be stuck the rest of the life with version 7.3...

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2020, 12:07:52 AM »
Try to think.. I know it's difficult.
Ioncube is needed for CWP encoded files.  >:(

Why the desperation for bleeding edge? Servers are about stability and security (unless running CWP  :o )
"..PHP 7.4 was releases 5 or 6 months ago.." Bloody hell! A whole half a year, you gotta be kidding. /sarcasm

« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 12:11:36 AM by cynique »

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2020, 02:54:51 AM »
Cwp Core can still run on 7.3 while making 7.4 available for user sites.

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2020, 12:28:39 PM »
Try to think.. I know it's difficult.
Ioncube is needed for CWP encoded files.  >:(

Why the desperation for bleeding edge? Servers are about stability and security (unless running CWP  :o )
"..PHP 7.4 was releases 5 or 6 months ago.." Bloody hell! A whole half a year, you gotta be kidding. /sarcasm

In my case I have multiple websites build with Laravel that use an module that requires PHP 7.4.

I think CWP can run PHP 7.3 but we have the option to enable  php 7.4 on user websites, it don't need the default php version.

Also in web development and tecnology in general 6 months it's a huge amount of time usually for example SO release a major update every year, in about 5 months we will have php 8, there are always new things appearing

Partner de CWP

Hosting de calidad en España con soporte en Español para CWP - https://www.coriaweb.hosting

« Stay hungry, stay foolish. »

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2020, 10:42:12 PM »
It seems that PHP 7.4 is already available on the panel.
Any news about this update?

I'm already installing it to test

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2020, 07:05:20 AM »

I have installed and not work !

« Stay hungry, stay foolish. »

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2020, 09:26:59 AM »

I have installed and not work !

Yes I have the same problem, I'm disappointed. But I hope they fix it quickly