Author Topic: File upload limit cwp  (Read 7182 times)

File upload limit cwp
« on: May 02, 2020, 07:11:58 AM »
I want to upload a 1 GB file is from my websites, but when I upload it uploads to 50 KB, and my internet is 30 download and 5 upload, who helps me

Re: File upload limit cwp
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2020, 08:45:05 AM »
for big files, you should use FTP
VPS & Dedicated server provider with included FREE Managed support for CWP.
http://www.studio4host.com/

*** Don't allow that your server or website is down, choose hosting provider with included expert managed support for your CWP.

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2020, 06:56:33 PM »
It has already done and does not upload 50 KB, I do it through filezilla and cyberduck neither of the 2 uploads

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2020, 09:53:57 AM »

So what does that mean?  Does that means, like on some of my cPanel websites setup, I cannot have a website visitor upload their 18GB file through my WordPress website into the server, if I utilize CentOS Web Panel ?

Actually, I do have "Use-Your-Drive" WordPress plugin, that enables the uploaded files to be saved into Google Drive.  Yet, I have to increase the file upload limit within cPanel PHP settings to have a max size upload that I desire, 25GB.

CWP cannot do that, according to your

?

You gurus, can you please answer in full sentences?  The answers in this forums are setting up the expectations for the new comers like my self; and the answers should be some kind guidance, instead of adding confusion, that I have to type these paragraphs to get some clarification.

I am still debating if I should stay with the big brother, cPanel, and not think again about replacing a very dependable system like cPanel with something that might cause much of headache and wasted hours.  But I am giving CWP a try. The more details, the better it is for those who want to escape cPanel.

Thanx
« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 09:57:04 AM by Arti07 »

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2020, 10:45:23 AM »
So what does that mean?  Does that means, like on some of my cPanel websites setup, I cannot have a website visitor upload their 18GB file through my WordPress website into the server, if I utilize CentOS Web Panel ?
With such ludicrous practices, I wouldn't want to be a customer on your shared hosting, that's for sure!

VPS & Dedicated server provider with included FREE Managed support for CWP.
http://www.studio4host.com/

*** Don't allow that your server or website is down, choose hosting provider with included expert managed support for your CWP.

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2020, 06:12:31 AM »
http://wiki.centos-webpanel.com/big-file-upload-via-file-manager

@studio4host Thank you for the link:  "Big file upload via File Manager"

These steps and information eases the transition from cPanel to CWP, or being able to alter CWP configuration to have large file uploads directly to the server. Which is an option I would like to keep open with a couple websites I have.

@cynique

With such ludicrous practices, I wouldn't want to be a customer on your shared hosting, that's for sure!

True, that's like hogging the hosting service traffic.  Neither did I 't expect a visitor to upload 18GB zipped file of archived materials, but it happened, and I was ready (and of course the Hosting Service was too ; ) I hope I didn't slow down your website..hehe )

Actually, I do have "Use-Your-Drive" WordPress plugin, that enables the uploaded files to be saved into Google Drive.  Yet, I have to increase the file upload limit within cPanel PHP settings to have a max size upload that I desire, 25GB.

For this plugin, I believe it uploads directly to the Google Drive storage, may be caching at the server / VPS;  Does the setting of the plugin depend on PHP / cPanel max-upload limits?  That from what I do remember.  But I can be wrong, and since there is a focus on this statement I feel like I need to double-check the info.

Use-your-Drive | Google Drive plugin for WordPress:

https://www.wpcloudplugins.com/plugins/use-your-drive-wordpress-plugin-for-google-drive/

And I was amazed that Google Drive Storage did handle such upload of 18GB file.  From I remember, Google Drive can resume an interpreted upload, nor it is limited, may be to 200mb like DropBox.

Thanx