Author Topic: PHP Memcache Error  (Read 5514 times)

PHP Memcache Error
« on: May 08, 2020, 11:02:50 AM »
Hi Guys.

When I run php -v or any composer commands for a Magento 2 installation I get the error below which has been baffling me for a few days.

Code: [Select]
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'memcached.so' (tried: /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20180731/memcached.so (/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20180731/memcached.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory), /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20180731/memcached.so.so (/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20180731/memcached.so.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0
I enabled memcache within the CWP control panel around a year ago and have only had this recently in the past few weeks.

I updated php7.3 to latest today but the issue persists.

Has anyone else encountered this and been able to resolve it?

Any suggestions apprceciated.

Re: PHP Memcache Error
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2020, 11:24:42 AM »
First check of that file exists in that location .

You can also try ".  locate memcache.so. " to see if it even exists on the server
Google Hangouts:  rcschaff82@gmail.com

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2020, 11:46:38 AM »
Thanks.

Checked the location and the file doesn't exist there.

However running locate memcache.so outputs:

/usr/local/apache/modules/mod_socache_memcache.so

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2020, 12:40:55 PM »
Grep memcache.so in the /usr/local/Apache/conf/*.conf

Find the old line and comment it out.  Then look for the socacje module and enable it
Google Hangouts:  rcschaff82@gmail.com

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2020, 11:31:25 PM »
Yes, I experienced exact same error when I installed memcached last week through CWP. Looks like a bug. I'm not using memcached anymore. So please update us if you get this fixed.