Author Topic: Disk Quota  (Read 12639 times)

Disk Quota
« on: May 26, 2020, 07:53:58 AM »
Hello ,
There are two very critical problems in CWP, the main one is the email quota currently not part of account disk quota which mean that if  user account set with disk quota 10 GB his emails quota it can exceed the disk limit  and I have a user in my CWP his account from 5 GB disk limit  using now more than 9 GB and there is no way to control this?? And I think the MySQL quota  not part of user account disk as well???!

The second one is the (Max Quota per Email Address ) this will control the limit of each mailbox as some users they use to create always email with unlimited quota which increase the disk usage especially for the users on unlimited disk quota plan  :)

I hope this will be fixed ASAP.

Thank you ,

Re: Disk Quota
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2021, 07:19:45 PM »
We also just realized that email and db sizes not calculate towards user quotas set in CWP. Is there a workaround on this? Our business is depending on these thing working properly, so we can charge accordingly, and make sure we're planning server usage correctly. As of now, it's basically worthless quota feature in CWP. Ie, a customer paying for 20GB of space, they're using 500MB of web site space, but have 6 emails that are about 5-8GB each. That's well over 20GB that we are charging them. We would need to let them know, and upgrade them to next package. However, we did not know that this was the case, until server started to run out of space. :(
Now we ran the command to check disk usage for emails:
Code: [Select]
du -sh /var/vmail/*Then the command to check DB's:
Code: [Select]
du -h /var/lib/mysqlIt's really sad to see how much space my customers are using, without us knowing that it's not showing inside CWP correctly. Now we know, and we have to implement a procedure to monitor this on a frequent basis, with the commands above.
Hopefully CWP developers can come up with something to solve this. I believe cPanel kept all the emails inside the /home/user directories, and as the user, not in a main server directory as root user. But maybe I'm wrong. I don't use cPanel anymore I can't check it.
Thanks for your hardwork. Looking forward to putting this issue behind us sometimes soon.
-Ponch

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2021, 07:40:31 PM »
This was mentioned a long time ago and I also made the suggestion to contain mail under the user's home directory (with a soft link to the original place, for backward compatibility). The only hope currently, is to have client's use external email providers but that is frequently unacceptable/impractical.
I've also stated that the (crazy) default of mySQL/mariadb is to store databases in /var/lib/mysql and that needs to be addressed.
Seasoned sysadmins know to have a separate /var (/var/lib/mysql) so that can help but doesn't solve the quota issue.

I regularly criticise (geddit?) CWP and offer suggestions for improvement. Even the easy ones are often ignored.  :-\
Of course, I know sod all, so they rarely listen to me.

Y'all need to SHOUT LOUDER!  :o

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2021, 05:21:49 PM »
if this problem were also solved to take into account in e-mail the space allocated on the hosting package would be the coolest control panel, unfortunately my conclusion is that at first it was probably designed for internal use for example a company with many employees a server on which to publish the site and of course the part of the e-mail not counted and not for external hosting services for any customers. You can also work on the AntiSpam part, the SpamExperts module is included but the tutorial is incomplete, it does not specify that a license is needed, it has shortcomings.
I use CWP Pro on 13 servers, the other day I received 2 more physical servers that support at least 15 virtual machines and now I'm thinking if we give up cwp, get 15 more licenses or switch to cPanel, because the e-mail part makes us big problems, if a client receives access to CWP User, in vain I as an administrator limit his e-mail boxes according to the hosting plan, he can access and make changes to the box to put it unlimited ... This problem will be solved in the near future ? If we don't know what to do

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2021, 02:10:28 PM »
Hello everybody. This very important issue still exists and i can't find a workaround too.
If a user logins to his cpanel and choose to use 9GB of his email you can do nothing at the moment to prevent it.
Even if you change the quota back from control panel again any user can change to a desired number.
I thought that this was an urgent issue for the developers but seems nothing has been done about it.
It is really a big trouble!
You need a reliable hosting company for your website or your eshop?
Need a cheap, reliable, fast and secure hosting?
You want fast support and action to every technical issue?
Freespirits is here for you :) - Don't look any further!

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2021, 04:23:28 PM »
if you have emails on the same partition as /home then they use the same quota and users can't get over the quota
VPS & Dedicated server provider with included FREE Managed support for CWP.
http://www.studio4host.com/

*** Don't allow that your server or website is down, choose hosting provider with included expert managed support for your CWP.

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2021, 07:53:39 PM »
Default CWP7 installation sets mail location outside /home directory.
The Mail location dir is: /var/vmail/
It would be great as mentioned above if mailboxes included to /home/user directories.

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2021, 08:00:01 AM »
if you have emails on the same partition as /home then they use the same quota and users can't get over the quota

Please do not say that the solution is to move /var/vmail to /home/vmail : http://wiki.centos-webpanel.com/move-varvmail-to-another-partition  :-\
How loud do we have to shout to solve this problem?
Why don't you give an official explanation? I'm starting to think that sometimes you lie to cwp pro users or give some solutions that have already been tested or tried, just to answer the problems, but you know you don't really have any solution.
You know very well what the priority problems are and they must be solved, unless this project that I have trusted for many years stops.

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2021, 11:27:50 AM »
Hi,

I have 15 licenses of CWP Pro, and can not believe that this is still a issue.
A customer has a plan of 2GB disk space, and he is using over 20GB of space. Over 10 times what he pays of.

It is impossible to use CWP in a commercial way with such a dump bug. Please fix this ASAP or we will need to switch to other panel.

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2021, 03:11:34 PM »
this is not cwp issue, you need to check your system for quota setup properly
VPS & Dedicated server provider with included FREE Managed support for CWP.
http://www.studio4host.com/

*** Don't allow that your server or website is down, choose hosting provider with included expert managed support for your CWP.

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2021, 06:33:45 PM »
I am using a clear CWP installation; I have not made any customization. Just installed CentOs 7 and then installed CWP. How could this be a system issue? Seems like the same issue that everyone in this topic is strugling with.

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2021, 02:53:26 PM »
Just open a ticket to the CWP support and they will say to you what is the problem ;)
You can ask me to solve any problem with your server for some money in pm  ;)
Services Monitoring & RBL Monitoring
http://centos-webpanel.com/services-monitor
Join our Development Team and get paid !
http://centos-webpanel.com/develope-modules-for-cwp

Installation Instructions
http://centos-webpanel.com/installation-instructions
Get Fast Support Here
http://centos-webpanel.com/support-services

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2022, 10:37:39 AM »
Will there be any solution yet about this issue?
Is it possible to arrange the mailboxes according the hosting packages?
Will that be fixed so that mailboxes from a particular account is assosiated and located to /home/user/mailboxes folder so that it is controlled by the disk quota package?

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2022, 08:53:39 AM »
unfortunately this problem is not solved even now, I also opened tickets but I see that priority has for example: Streaming Manager: Shoutcast + Icecast + AutoDJ, that this was needed for the development of cwp panel and not the needs and problems reported in tickets and on the forum

copy paste documentation from 3 different places,
I say decide how right it is?
rGRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX = "crashkernel = auto rd.lvm.lv = cl / root rd.lvm.lv = cl / swap rhgb quiet rootflags = uquota, pquota" and "/ dev / mapper / centos_root-home / home xfs defaults, usrquota, grpquota 0 0 ", if the admin says that the centos 7 server is not configured correctly, why not put the correct documentation here, from the server configuration (how to make partitions ...), grub configuration, fstab ... so on
« Last Edit: June 16, 2022, 08:59:20 AM by ghoste »

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2022, 09:38:42 AM »
CWP7 is a great project and i keep support it for flexible management of hosting.
Shoutcast and icecast is something that took me a lot of time to combine with CWP7 and found out that i had to sacrifice recourses for something that is not the scope and aim of CWP7. Streaming is something that can be dealed easily with the ready to use and free azurecast project.

The management of quota for the mail accounts is a CWP7 critical issue and should be number 1 in the list for bug fixing.
The second issue should be cronjob management as that is not working for user panels and admin has to add a cron as root.