Author Topic: Best way to transfer settings from CWP to CWP?  (Read 2175 times)

Best way to transfer settings from CWP to CWP?
« on: July 18, 2022, 09:52:38 PM »
I have CWP 7 installed on an existing server, and I'm upgrading to a new server. Replacing the old one.
Where are all the config files I need to copy over? When I make changes to the various menus, where are all those settings stored? In a database, or in some text file?

I'd like to do it via text/config files, rather than clicking a bunch of menus and doing it the long, slow way.

Again, I don't believe in magic. I click the left menu "CWP Settings" and the first item "Edit Settings". There are about 9 fields that can be filled in. WHERE IS THAT INFORMATION STORED? It has to be found somewhere on the hard drive. Google has been no help thus far. I've seen a few threads that talk about mail and MySQL config, but those aren't an issue. I am mostly looking for the config file(s) for CWP itself.

Thanks in advance for any help --

Matthew

Re: Best way to transfer settings from CWP to CWP?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2022, 10:52:49 PM »
Greetings Matthew

Do you want to migrate accounts or copy the configuration of your old server?

If you want to migrate the accounts, there are at least 2 very easy ways to do it, if otherwise you want to copy the configuration of your server, it is best to do it manually, I assure you that it will be easier and faster

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2022, 10:28:13 AM »
Really I'm after both.

I was just hoping to do this as efficiently as possible.

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2022, 04:06:52 AM »
Greetings Matthew

Do you want to migrate accounts or copy the configuration of your old server?

If you want to migrate the accounts, there are at least 2 very easy ways to do it, if otherwise you want to copy the configuration of your server, it is best to do it manually, I assure you that it will be easier and faster
hello jose

https://forum.centos-webpanel.com/index.php?topic=12306.0

can you help?
i need solution this is my first hosting business