Author Topic: hello, web try to update cwp get errors!!  (Read 9203 times)

hello, web try to update cwp get errors!!
« on: June 06, 2020, 12:09:50 AM »
[root@sv1 ~]# sh /usr/local/cwpsrv/htdocs/resources/scripts/update_cwp

====================================================
============= CentOS Web Panel Cron ================
====================================================

###########################
Firewall Flush Daily Blocks
###########################

######################
Update Server Packages
######################
Redirecting to /bin/systemctl restart cwpsrv.service

** (pkttyagent:8681): WARNING **: 03:08:07.259: Unable to register authentication agent: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1.Error.Failed: Cannot determine user of subject
Error registering authentication agent: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1.Error.Failed: Cannot determine user of subject (polkit-error-quark, 0)
Redirecting to /bin/systemctl restart httpd.service

** (pkttyagent:8748): WARNING **: 03:08:07.382: Unable to register authentication agent: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1.Error.Failed: Cannot determine user of subject
Error registering authentication agent: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1.Error.Failed: Cannot determine user of subject (polkit-error-quark, 0)
Redirecting to /bin/systemctl reload httpd.service

** (pkttyagent:8875): WARNING **: 03:08:08.068: Unable to register authentication agent: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1.Error.Failed: Cannot determine user of subject

** (pkttyagent:10243): WARNING **: 03:08:17.688: Unable to register authentication agent: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1.Error.Failed: Cannot determine user of subject
Redirecting to /bin/systemctl reload cwpsrv.service

** (pkttyagent:10264): WARNING **: 03:08:17.912: Unable to register authentication agent: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1.Error.Failed: Cannot determine user of subject
Redirecting to /bin/systemctl reload postfix.service

** (pkttyagent:10284): WARNING **: 03:08:17.944: Unable to register authentication agent: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1.Error.Failed: Cannot determine user of subject
Redirecting to /bin/systemctl reload dovecot.service

** (pkttyagent:10311): WARNING **: 03:08:18.016: Unable to register authentication agent: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1.Error.Failed: Cannot determine user of subject
Redirecting to /bin/systemctl reload nginx.service

** (pkttyagent:10336): WARNING **: 03:08:18.098: Unable to register authentication agent: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1.Error.Failed: Cannot determine user of subject
Redirecting to /bin/systemctl restart pure-ftpd.service

** (pkttyagent:10457): WARNING **: 03:08:18.137: Unable to register authentication agent: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1.Error.Failed: Cannot determine user of subject

** (pkttyagent:10473): WARNING **: 03:08:18.320: Unable to register authentication agent: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1.Error.Failed: Cannot determine user of subject
Redirecting to /bin/systemctl reload nginx.service

** (pkttyagent:10506): WARNING **: 03:08:18.386: Unable to register authentication agent: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1.Error.Failed: Cannot determine user of subject

** (pkttyagent:10520): WARNING **: 03:08:18.436: Unable to register authentication agent: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1.Error.Failed: Cannot determine user of subject

** (pkttyagent:10553): WARNING **: 03:08:18.499: Unable to register authentication agent: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1.Error.Failed: Cannot determine user of subject

** (pkttyagent:10577): WARNING **: 03:08:18.761: Unable to register authentication agent: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1.Error.Failed: Cannot determine user of subject
[root@sv1 ~]#

can you help me?
until now I did not receive these errors! help

Re: hello, web try to update cwp get errors!!
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2020, 04:13:20 AM »
This usually happens when trying to restart a systemd service.

The workaround is as follows:

groupadd -g 23 nohidproc
usermod -a -G nohidproc polkitd
mount -o remount,rw,hidepid=2,gid=nohidproc /proc
systemctl restart polkit
Add the following in /etc/fstab as well
echo "proc /proc proc defaults,hidepid=2,gid=nohidproc 0 0" >> /etc/fstab

After mount the new mountpoint

mount -a
systemctl restart polkit
Google Hangouts:  rcschaff82@gmail.com

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2021, 06:49:16 PM »

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2021, 09:26:13 AM »

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2022, 12:32:31 PM »
Yes rcshaff is right. Apply this fix.
https://opentechy.com/how-to-fix-gdbus-errororg-freedesktop-policykit1-error-failed/

this is not good it can be lead to OS boot failure.

So what's is the good fix for that issue?

Few weeks ago I noticed problem with restart of mysqld, now the same problem with restarting/reloading crond?!
How to solve it?

Code: [Select]
[root@srv /]# systemctl reload crond

** (pkttyagent:13253): WARNING **: 14:32:10.818: Unable to register authentication agent: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1.Error.Failed: Cannot determine user of subject

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2022, 07:27:45 AM »
Is there any solution?
Should I contact CWP Control payed support?

Can they fix it? Should I know what they are going to fix it?
Because I read it somewhere in forum that some CWP team crashed some server.
Tnx.

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2023, 07:06:54 AM »
I have sent them 3 paid one time support tickets and they fixed it. I asked "Can you please tell me how you fixed that? In order to apply it to other CWP PRO servers? I can not pay support each time."

And they replied "I am sorry, it is not possible to tell you everything."

And it is CWP PRO. I think this do not happen to other control panels. I face that issue at EVERY CWP PRO licence. It is critical.
You may use our FREE SMTP Newsletter APP at https://www.emailbat.com

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2023, 02:45:25 AM »
I am not sure of Sandeep's warning -- is it an edge case? I have applied the GDBus workaround to 3x CWP servers and have not perceived any ill effects related to boot failures. I generally find rcschaff's advice salient and trustworthy, so I would say go for it, unless Sandeep can give more insight to the potential pitfalls of it.

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2023, 05:18:39 AM »
I have applied the GDBus workaround but nothing happened.

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2023, 04:32:19 PM »
https://web.archive.org/web/20230320224220/https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=17291

Towards the bottom there are some different solutions. I am not a linux professional but I am sure I had a similiar issue and used one of these to fix it.

• all you need is to disable protection on secure Process (Hide all processes if not owned by the user ) from cwp, do your commend then enable it again
  • It may have nothing to do with CWP but the messages stop showing up after systemctl restart postfix amavis when I did just that, disable security_UserProcess and re-enable right away.

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2023, 07:49:29 AM »
I disabled permanent the "Security - Hide all processes if not owned by the user". Then after systemctl restart postfix amavis I got "Failed to restart amavis.service: Unit not found." so I restarted amavis through CWP PRO admin.

Updates through Yum manager still do NOT work.

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2023, 02:44:33 PM »

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2023, 03:46:17 AM »
go into Secure Processes and disable it, try again