Author Topic: Nameserver Basic Setup & Domain at CWP & Domain Registrar  (Read 5536 times)

Nameserver Basic Setup & Domain at CWP & Domain Registrar
« on: June 28, 2020, 04:42:11 PM »
Hello,

How do I setup the "Name Server" section on CentOS Web Panel; and at my Domain Registrar Zone / Console ?

I do have:

- one domain name / example.com
- one IP Address with Domain Registrar;
- and there is a section for "Glue Record" to be added:

At the Glue Record Page within Domain Registrar page, I can input the subdomain for the domain & IP Addresses:

Name                               IPv4 Address                  IPv6 Address
     .example.com                                       

For the Domain I do have only an A Record, Domain name with IP Addresses V4 & V6

==================================================

And what do I put within CWP for "Edit Name Servers" ?

Name Server 1:                      NS IPv4          
Name Server 2:                      NS IPv4          

Then, there is the BIND step, to seal the process; more details would be wonderful, like; is it the step that makes what with what ?

Basic Questions regarding CWP "Servername" & "DNS" management (also at the Domain Registrar side).

- Do I need to have CWP the place, as where I can edit and change my Domain's DNS *being DNS Zone?*; or can I leave the Doman Registrar Console as being the place where I can edit records?  This leads the question below:

- What different inputs do I need at CWP & then Domain Zone at my domain registrar to have DNS Zone at either CWP or Domain Registrar console?  Do I have an option here?

- What options are there?  Like, what FreeDNS Manager come to play and what does it change ?

- Extra Question [Can I used a DNS Nameserver from a VPN company, and what setup is there for both CWP or Domain Registrar console]

There is a lack of information, basic, delineating information I am aware of, when I have been sieving through all the Web Search results.  And this step is the stumbling block.  This step is stagnating myself from proceeding, and hoping to migrate to CentOS Web Panel from WHM / cPanel.

Please, all help and detailed explanation would be helpful for myself and others who are stuck at this initial step.

I hope this page can be a sticky, or used as a material for basic setup.

Thanx in advance.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 04:53:50 PM by Arti07 »

Re: Nameserver Basic Setup & Domain at CWP & Domain Registrar
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2020, 02:46:34 PM »
I'm really interested on this

Re: Nameserver Basic Setup & Domain at CWP & Domain Registrar
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2020, 04:26:05 PM »
Please create dns setup for cloudflare also

domain dns point to cloudflare BUT how point to cwp