Author Topic: Why brotli is not integrated in default apache build?  (Read 6740 times)

Why brotli is not integrated in default apache build?
« on: July 06, 2020, 08:04:38 PM »
Yes you saw title. Brotli is damn standart in these days. A website without brotli is back of others. I think this should be integrated like deflate. User who don't want disable then they should rebuild. And maybe you guys talk about low-end hardware with brotli but I don't think anyone will use CWP with %25cpu/1gb they will just use lemp/lamp.

Re: Why brotli is not integrated in default apache build?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2020, 11:43:29 PM »
And OpenSSL is outdated too. Please upgrade them. These are easy to configure but in same way these are easy to add sourcecode too...

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2020, 06:58:56 AM »
Yes you saw title. Brotli is damn standart in these days. A website without brotli is back of others. I think this should be integrated like deflate. User who don't want disable then they should rebuild. And maybe you guys talk about low-end hardware with brotli but I don't think anyone will use CWP with %25cpu/1gb they will just use lemp/lamp.
Just because YOU use it for whatever reason, doesn't mean it should be enforced on others!  >:(
I have never used brotli and have no intention in using it.

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2020, 05:25:31 PM »
Just because YOU use it for whatever reason, doesn't mean it should be enforced on others!  >:(
I have never used brotli and have no intention in using it.

May I ask why you are not compressing it ? And what do you think about outdated OpenSSL?

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2020, 07:45:40 PM »
Hi,
I activated brotli, I use it
https://tools.keycdn.com/brotli-test

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2020, 11:02:37 AM »
Use cloudflare and you can activate it there.