Author Topic: Nginx - one site will only go to default Server Test Page  (Read 2261 times)

Nginx - one site will only go to default Server Test Page
« on: August 07, 2022, 07:32:02 AM »

Hi all,

Have been successfully running CWP for several years without issues.  I have recently tried to put a domain onto the server that has previously been there, but was deleted a while back.

I can create the account ok, the /home/youngvet directory is created, up to and including /home/youngvet/public_html/index.html etc

However when I try to access the site, I get the default page sitting in /usr/local/apache/htdocs/

I've changed the content of the index.html file in both locations and the server is definitely serving up the /usr/local/apache/htdocs/ page.

If I add an account which has never previously been on the server, it works perfectly.

I've tried all the trouble shooting that I can think of - different browsers / computers / cleared cache / restarted nginx / dns / server to no avail.

The account .conf file looks fine, the root id pointing to "root /home/youngvet/public_html;"

I can only think that there is a 'left over' gremlin in the system from when I last had it installed.  Any suggestions ?

Thanks for any assistance.

Pete

Re: Nginx - one site will only go to default Server Test Page
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2022, 10:32:08 AM »
cwp pro or free ?

try to rebuild webserver

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2022, 10:38:22 AM »

I'm running Pro. I've rebuilt the web server a couple of times, no change.

Pete

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2022, 06:11:44 AM »
i think you use cloudflare ?

how if you use vpn ?
or just try online web snapshot or gtmatrik to see what they (the server) "see" at your domain
because i dont know your site address so i can try to see the ns and other thing.

double check the account info.. is your domain added correctly ?
check the zone names IN A at your cwp server
« Last Edit: August 09, 2022, 06:14:21 AM by PakPos »