Author Topic: Centos Web Panel server test page attracting hackers  (Read 6082 times)

Centos Web Panel server test page attracting hackers
« on: July 30, 2020, 09:09:24 PM »
I need someone to tell me from what folder this index.html file is in for the Centos Web Panel server test page. I removed one from my server's domain name's public_html folder already. Now this one is somewhere else for my mail.mailserver.com.

What folder is it in? This index file seems to be attracting hackers and I need to change it. Please help.  :(

Re: Centos Web Panel server test page attracting hackers
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2020, 05:54:26 AM »
/usr/local/cwpsrv/htdocs/resources/admin/tpl

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2020, 02:48:00 PM »
You are correct that there is an index.html file in that location, but I deleted it and the test page still shows. Even after clearing my cache and changing browsers. There must be another index.html file in a different location.

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2020, 03:20:08 PM »
You don't say which webserver configuration you're using.
Apache only:
With just a little bit (2 minutes) of looking around - in my case by command line but also available in the GUI.
Code: [Select]
ls /usr/local/apache/conf.d
less /usr/local/apache/conf.d/hostname.conf
Bingo!
ServerName server.domain.name
 DocumentRoot /usr/local/apache/htdocs/
Just deleting the index file is not a solution; use a combination of CSF blocklists/country denials and mod security
« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 03:23:16 PM by cynique »

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2020, 04:18:05 PM »
Thanks cynique. That was the correct file location. I understand your comments. I do need to setup country blocking and mod security. I'm using nginx-varnish-apache.