Author Topic: Disappointed with CWP 🤬  (Read 20469 times)

Disappointed with CWP 🤬
« on: August 26, 2020, 06:53:39 PM »
We started using CWP last year because it seemed a good option. This was our worst decision ever.

We need to move to a new server, and we can't move our backuped accounts (+50..) because ANY of the backup restoration functionalities work on the most recent version of CWP, and all of the topics on this forum regarding this same issues have 0 responses.

This system has too many functionalities, but the REALLY important ones (like backup restore) doesn't work. We could say that 1 of 5 buttons of this system really works. 

We already tried:

CWP to CWP migration
Account Backup restore
NEW backup functionality (with local files, FTP, and SSH as well.)

NOTHING WORKED.

We are stuck with a bunch of backup.tar files that are just useless. We have to migrate all our sites, accounts, emails, databases, scripts installations, cronjobs, etc etc etc etc. MANUALLY one by one. The worst part is that you can find lot of users in the same situation like us in this forum. We found absolutely no response or any clue how to solve this heavy issue.

Moving forward to Virtualmin or cPanel unfailingly. We will not look back.

Message for developers: thank you for your open project, but next time think twice when you make such development including so many functionalities. I rather have 5 functionalities that actually WORK, than having 500 that are pointless or doesn't even work at 100%.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 06:59:30 PM by fpryr »

Re: Disappointed with CWP 🤬
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2020, 07:37:35 PM »
you need to check the logs, there were thousand of migrations all done successfully so you probably have something wrong.
Also cwp has a support if you get stuck on something.
VPS & Dedicated server provider with included FREE Managed support for CWP.
http://www.studio4host.com/

*** Don't allow that your server or website is down, choose hosting provider with included expert managed support for your CWP.

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2020, 10:32:53 PM »
This system has too many functionalities, but the REALLY important ones (like backup restore) doesn't work. We could say that 1 of 5 buttons of this system really works. 

Message for developers: thank you for your open project, but next time think twice when you make such development including so many functionalities. I rather have 5 functionalities that actually WORK, than having 500 that are pointless or doesn't even work at 100%.
That is correct: a control panel for production use requires working and stable elements.
The problems arise because some people ask for frivolous and relatively little used functions, such as Teamspeak, Netdata, mongodb (plus others) that get implemented ad-hoc. Time and effort needs to be spent on core functions of a file/webserver.
Basic LAMP/LEMP environments, with reliable backup features are the core of any good control panel.
It is good to have additional functionality but not if it sacrifices the stability of a system. Additional functions should not be installed by default (eg. GoAccess) but be made available as add-on packages.
The official CSF GUI was also removed from CWP, for no good reason and leaves two cut-down versions that do nothing to help administer the comprehensive firewall. It's as if developers want to make it more difficult. :-/

Good luck to anyone who tries to get this message across. There have been a number of warnings in the forum about using CWP in a production environment, with a select few saying they have no issues (which I highly doubt, or they are delusional).
« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 10:43:45 PM by cynique »

Re: Disappointed with CWP
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2020, 02:03:46 AM »
you need to check the logs, there were thousand of migrations all done successfully so you probably have something wrong.
Also cwp has a support if you get stuck on something.

Hi, where's the support? I couldn't find any reasonable response from at least 2018 until today regarding related issues to mine.

Logs? The logs doesn't make sense either. For example, when using "New Backup" functionality.. the log says /backup/user.tar.gz/null.tar.gz file not found --> even when the path specified is /backup/user.tar.gz

We tried so hard to make it work, I can ensure the issue it is not on our side. This "control" panel is just a joke.

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2020, 05:55:16 AM »
@fpryr
try to open a ticket to the support https://support.control-webpanel.com with the detailed explanation and root login credentials.
You can ask me to solve any problem with your server for some money in pm  ;)
Services Monitoring & RBL Monitoring
http://centos-webpanel.com/services-monitor
Join our Development Team and get paid !
http://centos-webpanel.com/develope-modules-for-cwp

Installation Instructions
http://centos-webpanel.com/installation-instructions
Get Fast Support Here
http://centos-webpanel.com/support-services

Re: Disappointed with CWP
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2020, 03:39:24 PM »
Why should we send more tickets? This forum could be the perfect place to solve them, there are lots of users out there googling the same issues.

Why do this forum even exist otherwise? I strongly suggest you to stop doing things on an old 90's fashion. Times have changed guys, come on..
« Last Edit: August 27, 2020, 03:57:55 PM by fpryr »

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2020, 11:03:57 AM »
nobody can't guess what is your issue since it can be related to many different things.
But you can start by testing manualy using telnet connection between the servers, checking logs...
VPS & Dedicated server provider with included FREE Managed support for CWP.
http://www.studio4host.com/

*** Don't allow that your server or website is down, choose hosting provider with included expert managed support for your CWP.

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2020, 12:46:27 PM »
It is not about the connection between servers, it is about a malfunctioning webpanel from the 90's.

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2020, 05:21:26 PM »
How you are so certain it's the panel not the OS or some other configurations? Peoples here aren't wizards. They can't provide you solution if you don't share what you have tried and what you are seeing in the logs. If the required ports aren't open on both servers the API won't function properly. Try running the following on both servers and make sure the API is functional.

sh /scripts/check_api

However, I guess cPanel, Plesk would be better option for you as they are much polished compared to CWP and doesn't require much technical knowledge.

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2020, 08:45:56 AM »
We must say that we are very happy with CWP and the support they give us is very professional.

Is the panel having problems? Yes, but they are correcting them quite well. As I once said, I think this panel is going to be much better. We will continue to invest in it for the time being.

Also, as I have said some times, in spite of everything, I think it is a very cheap panel for the functions and usefulness it has, maybe you should raise the price of the license a little bit and use the benefit to improve it even more and spend more time working on it.
Partner de CWP

Hosting de calidad en Espaņa con soporte en Espaņol para CWP - https://www.coriaweb.hosting

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2021, 09:19:18 AM »
Yup.  Open a ticket seems to be the standard answer.
You know what? I opened a tickets because I was not able to use the pay gateway they had for this panel. No reply.
SO let us not expect anyone to answer any tickets.
Especially now when Red Hat is in charge.

CentOS Linux is dead.
I decided to change distro...

And this issue wit regards to restoring backups..... Well, it tells me that the "support" are dumber than the Linux beginners.
And that they have no clue about what they are talking about.

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2021, 08:18:37 PM »
I don't use CWP for many projects but the panel looks good for me and satisfies my expectations. Yes, some functions didn't work but when I checked the logs I was able to solve the problems. Therefore, if you use a free version of CWP then you should be an experienced linux administrator to solve the problems on your own. In case you use a free version and expect to get the professional assistance from the CWP support then it looks like you expect too much.

However, in case you want to get assistance from the CWP community then it will be good to provide more details about the problem experienced by you and provide some logs to clear the situation.

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2021, 09:49:17 AM »
It's a free panel. We should be grateful.

Even if you subscribed with paid the monthly support, you are still getting the same application, CWPPro or not, with support or without. So you are experiencing the same bugs as us, but some of us are not complaining because we know how to use them. If there are things we cannot fix, we are able to move back and forth.

What I dont understand is that people here have paying customers, and they are depriving them with a better application and settling with a free panel.

There is WHM/Cpanel

You get what you pay for.

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2021, 04:56:55 PM »
Well I been with CWP7 for less 24hrs.  I order the pro cause it has functions/ module locked in free.

As far Tech support goes, They been really helpful and reply in timely fashion. As for Billing Support that's yet to be seen, As I been wait for over 4hrs now just fix a simple issue so I can move on with my workload that needs done. So in short being held up and not a good first impression of there Billing Support staff in my eye's.

Reading More and More    of the complaints. I'm Start to think cPanel might be the better way to spend my funds. Wipe and reloading everything can be a pain, But I rather waist 45min now doing that, then 100000 of hours down the road, If this what I'm expected to see down the road with cwp7.

Just my thoughts on this matter.
 :-\ :-\ :-\

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2021, 05:48:17 PM »
You will be fine with cwp :)
I've had many doubts regarding stability and bugs, and even support, as previously I was cpanel user.
But after nearly a year of using cwp I am satisfied with panel.  :)