Author Topic: E-Mail server settings in User Panel  (Read 5547 times)

E-Mail server settings in User Panel
« on: October 05, 2020, 03:08:51 PM »
In CWP user panel, under menu "Email Accounts", the mail client configuration details are shown.

This configuration is showing server hostname as Incoming Server: and Outgoing Server: irrespective of the user/client domain name.

Now that Postfix supports SNI, and client can connect using SSL with their individual domain names, can we not have the same mail.userdomain.com format.

In cPanel we see similar customized mail client configuration details, which can give each user their own branded incoming / outgoing mail client configuration details.

Any help how to achieve this in CWP, or if this could be a possible future option ?

Additionally if we could see the user's domain name for non SSL settings, instead of "Your domain"?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 03:10:43 PM by ashokjp »

Re: E-Mail server settings in User Panel
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2020, 03:29:06 AM »
they can use both we prefer to use hostname.

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2020, 04:55:28 AM »
they can use both we prefer to use hostname.
Hi Sandeep, I am not sure I understand your response.
Do you mean its possible, if so how do I configure the control panel to use the same ?

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2020, 11:00:58 AM »
if domain has installed ssl for mail.DOMAIN.COM then it will also have all required configuration to use the same address.
However, in the panel configuration is shown for the hostname to avoid issues with those not having ssl for the mail subdomain installed.
VPS & Dedicated server provider with included FREE Managed support for CWP.
http://www.studio4host.com/

*** Don't allow that your server or website is down, choose hosting provider with included expert managed support for your CWP.

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2020, 05:16:08 PM »
if domain has installed ssl for mail.DOMAIN.COM then it will also have all required configuration to use the same address.
However, in the panel configuration is shown for the hostname to avoid issues with those not having ssl for the mail subdomain installed.

If you noticed the picture I shared, there are 2 sets of configuration - one for SSL and one for non-SSL.

1. non-SSL is not showing the client domain or hostname, it simply saying Yourdomain
2. For SSL, it would have been great if we could have a condition that would check for mail service installed for client, if yes display the client domain and else use server hostname.