Author Topic: Have a few questions before moving fully with centos panel  (Read 6931 times)

Have a few questions before moving fully with centos panel
« on: November 07, 2020, 04:47:33 PM »
Hi I am thinking off moving from and panel that I will not say the name but we all now what one it is

I have been trying a few panels and I think centos panel is the one I want to use going forward but I do have a few questions before I buy pro

The set up and install was easy and great and I got set up with my first site quickly.

But one thing I don't under stand is I set my domain to an custom DNS at my domain company but it using ns1.centos-webpanel.com and ns2.centos-webpanel.com

It looks like if I buy pro I can change this ? Also after getting pro is their a benefit off keeping it the same I don't really understand how this has happened

Also somtimes I need to run node js a long sever my some off my severs is node js easy to install a long side a centos lamp sever

I have a few more questions but I'll keep it simple for now

Re: Have a few questions before moving fully with centos panel
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2020, 08:33:32 PM »
But one thing I don't under stand is I set my domain to an custom DNS at my domain company but it using ns1.centos-webpanel.com and ns2.centos-webpanel.com
So change it - you don't need Pro to do so.  ::)
Also somtimes I need to run node js a long sever my some off my severs is node js easy to install a long side a centos lamp sever
Check if softaculous free edition has this - likely the easiest way.

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2020, 05:15:26 AM »
Hi so how do i change the dns i cant work it out I do plan to buy pro as I want to support the Dev team as I do plan to use centos panel on a few off my severs

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2020, 08:19:27 AM »
Left menu in the admin area:
DNS Functions > Edit Name Server IPs

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2020, 12:21:20 AM »
Great i not done this yet but will do now

but i did have an qestion how did my domain get changed to that dns ns1.centos-webpanel.com ns2.centos-webpanel.com as it was set to a diffent one at my domain reg company

and what is ns1.centos-webpanel.com is it an free dns service offed by centos panel and dose it have benfits over using my own ?

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2020, 08:14:05 AM »
Setup of the nameservers
http://wiki.centos-webpanel.com/how-to-setup-name-servers

benefits are that this is a FREE service which has multiple DNS servers in a cluster and different GEO location in a different IP ranges.
This is important only for some national domains as they request that ns1 and ns2 are in the different IP ranges....there is no any other real benefit than using your own server for nameservers.

nodejs info
http://wiki.centos-webpanel.com/how-to-install-and-setup-node-js-on-cwp
VPS & Dedicated server provider with included FREE Managed support for CWP.
http://www.studio4host.com/

*** Don't allow that your server or website is down, choose hosting provider with included expert managed support for your CWP.