Author Topic: Confused about listing domains  (Read 84 times)

Confused about listing domains
« on: September 17, 2024, 04:01:20 PM »
Friends,

We're a bit confused. Why not list all customer's domain in list domains. There it shows just "extra domains".

Where to see the main domain then? Only inside DNS editor?

Found that a bit strange.

Thanks.

Re: Confused about listing domains
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2024, 08:38:14 PM »
The user level control panel shows the main domain name at Dashboard, see the section "Server Information".

If you want to get the list of the main domain names in terminal (shell) then run the script:
Code: [Select]
/scripts/list_usersor
Code: [Select]
echo "select username,domain from user;" | mysql root_cwpThe commands must be executed as root.

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2024, 07:47:23 PM »
Thanks a lot, friend. See it now. Nobody here noticed, several techs, different companies.

Why not put it inside List domains? IMHO, it would make it better usability.

Thanks.

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2024, 08:59:19 PM »
I think CWP was created like alternative to cPanel. You can see it in ports used by panels, features provided by CWP (cPanel to CWP migrations, etc), account structure, log files location, user level panel, etc.

Originally, cPanel divided domains to "main", "addon", "parked", "subdomains" and used different options to manage the domains. So I think CWP just copied the mechanism from cPanel. Now, cPanel tries to simplify the domain management and most likely we will see the changes in  the future releases of CWP. Actually I see such changes in actual releases of CWP.

« Reply #4 on: Today at 08:41:40 PM »
Thanks, friend.

Youre with development? Can we put in a feature request to improve this? Show all domains, even primary in list domains?

Would love that.

Thanks!