Author Topic: Guide or Posts about Migrating to CWP from cPanel  (Read 199 times)

Guide or Posts about Migrating to CWP from cPanel
« on: August 21, 2024, 12:06:39 AM »
Hi all. I'm moving my sites from cPanel which I've used for many years for a variety of reasons. I'm wondering whether there are any guides, tutorials or FAQs which might be suggested for those of you who made the migration. I'm not at all familiar with CWP and finding it a bit challenging to find where items might be located in CWP and whether there might be equivalents. If not, are there any guides, bibles or references that would make a good read?

Thank you.

Re: Guide or Posts about Migrating to CWP from cPanel
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2024, 12:29:04 AM »
I haven't done it in over 4 years, but back then it was easy, just backup the site in cPanel, download the archive and the upload it to CWP and do the import.

There is a Wiki at:
https://wiki.centos-webpanel.com/how-to-migrate-account-from-cpanel

@overseer might have done it most recently than I have.

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2024, 02:17:06 AM »
Thanks - that I know how to do. I'm talking about post-migration. Now I've got a whole new learning curve of trying to find where things are and what may be different and what may be missing. For example, what is the equivalent of WHM v. your cpanel (per account)? Where is backup of database? Where is adding databases? Where is the CLI (if there is one or do I need to use putty?) etc.

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2024, 05:11:19 AM »
The user interface is on ports 2082 & 2083 (SSL)

Here's a complete list of the ports:
https://kb.starburstservices.com/control-web-panel-cwp/control-web-panel-cwp-admin-tutorials/commonly-used-ports-control-web-panel-cwp/

You have to use the built-in FileManager, DB backups are in /backup/mysql and then /daily, /weekly, /monthly.

To restore a backup you have to use phpMyAdmin under SQL Services.

This is also where the MariaDB Manager is at, it's called MySQL Manager.
You can create databases & users there.

To access CLI, depends on how your provider offer console access via their site or VNC.
For SSH, I would recommend Bitvise. But that comes down to personal preference.

If you have questions, feel free to ask.
We're running CWP under AlmaLinux 8.x and 9.x

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2024, 12:06:44 AM »
Thanks - this is helpful. What confused me was how hidden the main control panel is in what is an interface that needs a graphics overhaul.

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2024, 12:59:11 PM »
It will take awhile, it actually follows the format of others, cPanel, is well, cPanel.

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2024, 05:28:49 PM »
My last cPanel import was 2020 and I still have notes and a cleanup script if you run into specific issues. After doing the import, I had to manually rsync e-mails over due to stragglers during the DNS propagation period.