Author Topic: Cannot add user 'Domain is in use'  (Read 422 times)

Cannot add user 'Domain is in use'
« on: May 09, 2024, 09:56:30 PM »
Hi All,

I have recently installed Almalinux 8.9 and CWP on my personal server. The server is replacing an old server. The new server has the same address as the old one on my local network and my domain name traffic is forwarded from my static IP at my router.

The install was a success and without any configuration I could surf to my domain and get the CWP default page.

All installation steps were done using the root account directly on the server (I didn't use an SSH connection).

I have installed the premium version of Softaculous.

I need to create a user in CWP in order to access the user panel and use Softaculous to install Wordpress but I cannot add a user with my only domain name as I get the error that is cannot be used as it is already in use.

Have I done something wrong during installation perhaps?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Cannot add user 'Domain is in use'
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2024, 10:15:38 PM »
I went back and stared at the screen and then it hit me.....

I needed to change my hostname to server.domain

For others having this trouble go to Server Settings -> Change Hostname

and then I could use my main domain name for the new user.

Hazzah!

Re: Cannot add user 'Domain is in use'
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2024, 11:38:57 AM »
This typically happens when the domain name you're trying to assign to the user panel is already configured or associated with another account or service within CWP.

Ensure that the DNS records for your domain are correctly configured and pointing to the correct IP address of your new server (Almalinux 8.9 with CWP). Sometimes, restarting the CWP services or the server itself can resolve configuration conflicts.