Author Topic: how to install letsencrypt for admin panel & user panel ?  (Read 24956 times)

how to install letsencrypt for admin panel & user panel ?
« on: June 30, 2018, 06:55:47 AM »
how to install letsencrypt for admin panel & user panel ?

Re: how to install letsencrypt for admin panel & user panel ?
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2018, 05:47:14 AM »
Check this forum thread

http://forum.centos-webpanel.com/ssl/install-letsencrypt-ssl-certificate-for-your-server-hostnamefqdn-100-working//
This article is not for admin panel.  :-[

FYI
This is for Server Hostname SSL settings . At Present CWP Team has been removed Lets Encrypt that's why it will not renew any cert . They made Auto SSL by default but Auto SSL grade is B and I'm satisfied with Auto SSL.

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2018, 11:34:16 PM »
This is for Server Hostname SSL settings . At Present CWP Team has been removed Lets Encrypt that's why it will not renew any cert . They made Auto SSL by default but Auto SSL grade is B and I'm satisfied with Auto SSL.

Can you please clarify this?  I thought Auto SSL was just a wrapper for letsencrypt?

Editing the hostname (Server Settings / Change Hostname) generates an invalid self-signed certificate.  Why has support for auto generated hostname letsencrypt certificates been removed, and is it coming back?

Also, the instructions in the thread "Install Letsencrypt SSL Certificate for your Server Hostname/FQDN, 100% Working" are not valid anymore as they refer to "Apache Settings >> Letsencrypt Manager >> Install Letsencrypt" which doesn't seem to exist anymore.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 11:37:08 PM by jammin »

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2018, 10:26:35 PM »
It worked for me by saving the host name but you have to use the 2031 port and not 2087 when accessing the web panel. For the user panel use 2083.

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2019, 07:00:00 PM »

Can you please clarify this?  I thought Auto SSL was just a wrapper for letsencrypt?

Editing the hostname (Server Settings / Change Hostname) generates an invalid self-signed certificate.  Why has support for auto generated hostname letsencrypt certificates been removed, and is it coming back?

Also, the instructions in the thread "Install Letsencrypt SSL Certificate for your Server Hostname/FQDN, 100% Working" are not valid anymore as they refer to "Apache Settings >> Letsencrypt Manager >> Install Letsencrypt" which doesn't seem to exist anymore.

No , Auto SSL is still exist
New solution for Let'sEncrypt : goo.gl/Ys764T , This is google short link url .

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2019, 05:19:15 AM »

Has anyone tried this?

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2019, 08:59:25 PM »

Could you share that workaroud please that blog is invite only.
I like to be able to login to my pannel with out chrome throwing a vit.

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2019, 07:00:18 AM »

Please check : https://bit.ly/2TBlzM0

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2020, 09:10:48 AM »

Please check : https://bit.ly/2TBlzM0

This URL goes to invalid page. Shows "Sorry, the page you were looking for in this blog does not exist."

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2020, 05:15:21 AM »
is any simple way to install letsencrypt cert with autoupdate to panel in 2020?

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2020, 09:24:58 PM »
I look forward to that answer 

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2020, 07:03:27 AM »
I was also struggling to get Lets Encrypt Auto SSL for server hostname and CWP.admin and CWP.user panel. Today I am able to successfully make it. Hope AutoSSL renewal will happen by the end of current expiry date of the certificate.

Step 1: Create a subdomain as same as the server hostname ( For eg: if your vps server name is "server1" and main domain is "xyz.com" Subdomain and hostname should be "server1.xyz.com"

Step 2: If you check in the "List DNS Zones" under DNS Function menu, you can see a new zone created "server1.xyz.com.db" Click on "Edit Record" Blue button under the same zone, look for www record as below

www    CNAME     14400   server1.xyz.com

Delete this entry and add an A record as below

www        A     14400       ### Your Server Public IP ####

Step 3: If your DNS Manager is outside of the control panel. Some use FreeDNS Manager from Centos WebPanel or other third party DNS manager, make sure you add below A records

server1.xyz.com            A    14400    ### Your Server Public IP ####
        www.server1.xyz.com    A    14400    ### Your Server Public IP ####

Step 4: Wait for at least 24 hours to propagate the DNS changes/updates

Step 5:  After the DNS is propagated, Go to SSL Certificates Menu, Go to "AutoSSL [Free]" tab and select your user and under domain select the subdomain "server1.xyz.com" and click on Install SSL. If SSL installed successfully, you will get green popup message on the right corner of the webpage. If you are getting and DNS error message, wait for sometime to propagate DNS entries.(Some DNS requires 24 to 48 hours to propagate)

Step 6: If Step 5 is successful, Go to Installed SSL List and check Lets Encrypt certificate is installed or not for the subdomain "server1.xyz.com" with a validity of 89 days left.

Step 7: If you pass Step 6, Go to CWP.admin Dashboard and click edit button next to the hostname and open the "Change Hostname" page. Even though you are not changing the hostname which is set as "server1.xyz.com" before. Click on Change Hostname button on the bottom of the page. Wait for the successfull message on the top of the page. New SSL Certificate from Lets Encrypt should be there after you refresh you webpage or clear cache in browsers.

Step 8: Enjoy new CWP.admin control panel with any certificate warning message.

Now when I look into the installed certificate List, I see the subdomain certificate is showing "NOT INSTALLED". Hope this won't be an issue after 89days for auto renewal.

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2020, 05:10:02 AM »
I was also struggling to get Lets Encrypt Auto SSL for server hostname and CWP.admin and CWP.user panel. Today I am able to successfully make it. Hope AutoSSL renewal will happen by the end of current expiry date of the certificate.

Step 1: Create a subdomain as same as the server hostname ( For eg: if your vps server name is "server1" and main domain is "xyz.com" Subdomain and hostname should be "server1.xyz.com"

Step 2: If you check in the "List DNS Zones" under DNS Function menu, you can see a new zone created "server1.xyz.com.db" Click on "Edit Record" Blue button under the same zone, look for www record as below

www    CNAME     14400   server1.xyz.com

Delete this entry and add an A record as below

www        A     14400       ### Your Server Public IP ####

Step 3: If your DNS Manager is outside of the control panel. Some use FreeDNS Manager from Centos WebPanel or other third party DNS manager, make sure you add below A records

server1.xyz.com            A    14400    ### Your Server Public IP ####
        www.server1.xyz.com    A    14400    ### Your Server Public IP ####

Step 4: Wait for at least 24 hours to propagate the DNS changes/updates

Step 5:  After the DNS is propagated, Go to SSL Certificates Menu, Go to "AutoSSL [Free]" tab and select your user and under domain select the subdomain "server1.xyz.com" and click on Install SSL. If SSL installed successfully, you will get green popup message on the right corner of the webpage. If you are getting and DNS error message, wait for sometime to propagate DNS entries.(Some DNS requires 24 to 48 hours to propagate)

Step 6: If Step 5 is successful, Go to Installed SSL List and check Lets Encrypt certificate is installed or not for the subdomain "server1.xyz.com" with a validity of 89 days left.

Step 7: If you pass Step 6, Go to CWP.admin Dashboard and click edit button next to the hostname and open the "Change Hostname" page. Even though you are not changing the hostname which is set as "server1.xyz.com" before. Click on Change Hostname button on the bottom of the page. Wait for the successfull message on the top of the page. New SSL Certificate from Lets Encrypt should be there after you refresh you webpage or clear cache in browsers.

Step 8: Enjoy new CWP.admin control panel with any certificate warning message.

Now when I look into the installed certificate List, I see the subdomain certificate is showing "NOT INSTALLED". Hope this won't be an issue after 89days for auto renewal.

Next day I observed that Apache Webserver stops and not able to restart again. So I continue the procedure with Step 9

Step 9 : Go to SSL Certificate List an delete certificate entry for the subdomain "server1.xyz.com"

Step 10: In the Dashboard Click on Restart the "Apache Webserver" service.

Now everything running back to normal.

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2020, 07:55:04 AM »
is any simple way to install letsencrypt cert with autoupdate to panel in 2020?
The simplest is to redirect it in the cwp conf file to some of your domains added to the panel to have it autoupdated.