Author Topic: CWP->CWP Migration  (Read 5931 times)

CWP->CWP Migration
« on: January 02, 2021, 05:36:16 PM »
How can a previous migration be cleared from the system i.e. where are the details saved?
CWP to CWP migration is useful, to transfer a site from a live server to a development server. By default, the migration process only works once. It doesn't appear to be possible to do a migration on a fairly regular basis, for further development tests.

The database table root/root_cpmigrations/accounts_cwp appears to hold a previous transfer but deleting the record doesn't change the ability to do a further migration.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 06:07:11 PM by cynique »

Re: CWP->CWP Migration
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2021, 08:09:11 PM »
I've done this, just had to delete the User Account. And then resync in Migration.

Also if you look in /home, you will see all the transfers under a weird name.
You can delete these to keep things clean.

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2021, 12:27:41 PM »
Hello
The error appears after deleting the account on the new server? Can you tell me a little more detail when the error occurs?

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2021, 12:52:58 PM »
Hello
The error appears after deleting the account on the new server? Can you tell me a little more detail when the error occurs?
There is no error, as such.
To rephrase:
It appears to be impossible to re-migrate an account, unless the receiving server has the target account deleted first.

[Background: I am doing some horrible Magento testing which uses up about 5GB disc space. Deleting and re-migrating takes a long time and it would be much easier, if it was possible just to re-migrate.]

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2021, 12:55:59 PM »
For now it is not possible to overwrite the account or self-delete from the migration module, this can do something delicate.

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2021, 01:00:59 PM »
For now it is not possible to overwrite the account or self-delete from the migration module, this can do something delicate.
OK. That is unfortunate but thanks for the quick reply.

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2021, 01:43:26 PM »

There is no error, as such.
To rephrase:
It appears to be impossible to re-migrate an account, unless the receiving server has the target account deleted first.

[Background: I am doing some horrible Magento testing which uses up about 5GB disc space. Deleting and re-migrating takes a long time and it would be much easier, if it was possible just to re-migrate.]

Anyone who uses Magento deserves all of the problems they will soon be getting.   Magento=the worst shopping cart
Listen to everything Pixelpadre says.

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2021, 04:51:09 PM »
Anyone who uses Magento deserves all of the problems they will soon be getting.   Magento=the worst shopping cart
Can't disagree. It's typical Adobe bloatware! "Designed" by Windoze developers, with no regards to disc space, RAM usage nor ease of use/development. It's missing essential items that often require some payment and supplied with junk that's tricky to remove. Uggh!
I've "inherited" two sites from a long-standing client that has asked me to host them - they had already chosen the e-commerce platform. I had to lease a "dedicated" VPS just for those two sites and they (the sites) swallow up more resources than any other server that I run. I've had sites with 10s of thousands of products taking far less resources, than these mid-sized stores.

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2021, 09:33:14 PM »
Can't disagree. It's typical Adobe bloatware! "Designed" by Windoze developers, with no regards to disc space, RAM usage nor ease of use/development. It's missing essential items that often require some payment and supplied with junk that's tricky to remove. Uggh!
I've "inherited" two sites from a long-standing client that has asked me to host them - they had already chosen the e-commerce platform. I had to lease a "dedicated" VPS just for those two sites and they (the sites) swallow up more resources than any other server that I run. I've had sites with 10s of thousands of products taking far less resources, than these mid-sized stores.

I have a Ph.D in zencart.
Listen to everything Pixelpadre says.

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2021, 11:12:19 PM »
..zencart.
Small portions of my coding have ended in there, and vice versa. ;)
I have a soft spot for ZenCart but it never quite "made the grade" for my client's stores.