Author Topic: Problem when customers add DNS records in capitals like MX records: workaround  (Read 2690 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


We have found a problem when customers add DNS records, such as when adding MX records for Google Apps/Workspace.

The required records are often quoted to the customer in capital records (such as ALT1.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM.).  After these records have been added, and although when checked these modified DNS records show as correct (and indeed work for the customer who changed them) they are preventing other customers (users) further down the DNS processing list from receiving email which are then stuck in the email queue.

We have found that by editing the new MX records and changing the upper case to lower case (e.g. that the email queue can then be correctly processed!