Author Topic: Unable to Add Domain (I have only one domain)  (Read 10982 times)

Unable to Add Domain (I have only one domain)
« on: June 09, 2015, 10:37:01 AM »
Hello,

This is the first time I am trying to install and configure this software / web panel. So please do excuse me for any stupid question from me.  ::)

• I have only one domain -> netkaka.com
  • Domain Registrant is Godaddy and NS entry there is set to DigitalOcean.com (ns1, ns2, ns3)
  • I have created a fresh VPS (or droplet as they call it there) running Cent OS 6.5 x32

Now I have followed the instructtion as given on the wiki here to install (line by line) this panel. All went fine, installation was successful and I can access the panel via IP address of the VPS server.

Problem comes when I am trying to host my domain. Which is netkaka.com.

As I understand, after installation, I need to create a package or edit the default. I edited the default. Now when I try to create an user, the panel stops me saying the domain is already added..

There I am stuck as how do I now add the domain ?? and if its already added, how do I use it since it doesn't show up in list domain

For additional info,

Code: [Select]
CWP info

NS1: ns1.digitalocean.com | IP:173.245.58.51 [Change]
NS2: ns2.digitalocean.com | IP:173.245.59.41 [Change]
Server IP: 178.62.205.196 | host.netkaka.com
Shared IP: 178.62.205.196 [Change]
Hostname: host.netkaka.com [Change]
Yours IP: 43.251.176.213
CWP version: 0.9.8.6

Re: Unable to Add Domain (I have only one domain)
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 10:16:11 PM »
Hi,

Just an update, as I am facing few other problems also..

Since my one and only domain netkaka.com which I intended to host with this control panel seemed to be in trouble, I arranged another TLD with admin access to test.

DoorerSathi.com

I added this domain successfully to my "user" but as soon as this domain is added to the list, BIND stops and refuses to start with following error.

Stopping named: [  OK  ]
Starting named:
Error in named configuration:
zone localhost.localdomain/IN: loaded serial 0
zone localhost/IN: loaded serial 0
zone 1.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.ip6.arpa/IN: loaded serial 0
zone 1.0.0.127.in-addr.arpa/IN: loaded serial 0
zone 0.in-addr.arpa/IN: loaded serial 0
zone ns1.digitalocean.com/IN: loaded serial 2013071600
zone ns2.digitalocean.com/IN: loaded serial 2013071600
zone netkaka.com/IN: loaded serial 2013071600
dns_rdata_fromtext: /var/named/doorersathi.com.db:4: near 'rider.hunk@gmail.com.': bad name (check-names)
zone doorersathi.com/IN: loading from master file /var/named/doorersathi.com.db failed: bad name (check-names)
zone doorersathi.com/IN: not loaded due to errors.
_default/doorersathi.com/IN: bad name (check-names)
[FAILED]

Secondly, I am unable to increase the upload size for phpmyadmin. It is stuck in 8MB although I have edited the max file upload size in php.ini via control panel edit option.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 10:22:22 PM by hunky »

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 10:28:52 PM »
edit /var/named/doorersathi.com.db and change email to rider.hunk.gmail.com. Then you can restart your named to check if its working fine.

Regarding phpmyadmin upload size, dont forget to restart apache after making any changes.

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2015, 03:20:02 AM »
Thanks for taking time to reply and helping me out.

edit /var/named/doorersathi.com.db and change email to rider.hunk.gmail.com. Then you can restart your named to check if its working fine.

Yes, it worked.. Changed that @ symbol to . and BIND has started.

Where did I go wrong in panel setup as it seems now for every single subdomain or domain, I have to do this manually ??

Is there any place in the panel, where I can edit this email address in required format, so that from next time onwards, I dont have to manually edit ??

Regarding phpmyadmin upload size, dont forget to restart apache after making any changes.

I have done that in first time, did it again as you have asked but still the phpmyadmin limit is stuck with 8MB..

By the way, just for your information (dont know if this matters or not), phpmyadmin gives following two messages at footer,

A newer version of phpMyAdmin is available and you should consider upgrading. The newest version is 4.4.9, released on 2015-06-04.
The phpMyAdmin configuration storage is not completely configured, some extended features have been deactivated. To find out why click here.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 03:27:10 AM by hunky »

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2015, 06:12:11 AM »
This is a bug in centos web panel. If you use xyz.xyz@gmail.com it doesnt convert "@" to ".". So use email id like xyz@gmail.com or you need to manually update everytime you add email.

Regarding phpmyadmin see the url below

https://blog.bullten.com/increase-maximum-upload-size-of-phpmyadmin-in-centos-web-panel-cwp/

The phpmyadmin will show that information when a new version of it is available.

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2015, 08:18:36 AM »
Hey BullTen,

Thanks again for the reply, it worked, I only edited one, missed the other hence the issue was happening..

;D

This is certainly turning out to be the best free panel I have ever used.. Support is too good from the community !!

Loving it so far at-least..

Thanks
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 08:23:26 AM by hunky »