Author Topic: I struggle to understand your goals...  (Read 3113 times)

I struggle to understand your goals...
« on: April 01, 2021, 11:34:54 AM »
I've bought a CWP Pro 7, 1 year license. I have a dedicated web Server and a static IP address.

At that time everything seemed to work ok until the next updates, which came with a series of bugs that messed up not only my DNS server but also my FTP server. I solved the errors in pure-ftpd but the DNS one did not and I did not find any solution in this regard. I've been fighting these bugs for 5 days, I've been scouring the forum long and hard. I have no errors in log files in Lets Encrypt but the ssl for the hostname is insecure.

Now I am asked to pay for support.
I mention that my server worked well, until the moment of updates. The IP did not change, the server did not change, the FQDN remained the same.As far as I'm concerned, am I made to pay for the bugs with which the updates came? Or how? Make me understand.

If you want to keep an application alive, all you have to do is crowdfound and I'll gladly donate $ 100, but don't lie to customers that you make updates, knowingly inject bugs and then ask for money to fix them. Please. Don't do that !

I'm thinking of giving up this control panel. It is not sustainable. With each update it comes, there are a number of other issues...

Re: I struggle to understand your goals...
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2021, 12:55:54 PM »
As far as i understand i have bought an incomplete control panel.
It's been only 7 days from wich i've payed for this control panel.

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2021, 03:39:08 PM »
provide any logs and evidence where you see this issues because of updates.

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2021, 11:05:29 AM »
I tested CWP PRO for over a year and never had such problems.

Maybe is not the "perfect ultimate top best bleeding edge frontier server control panel ever"....

But surely for 12$ a year it is indeed the best ever seen around, and also the free version is pretty good and definitely better than other free ones

That's my opinion after over a year and not one week

I had the occasion to also ask about to a professional running hosting services and did agree with my own evaluation...

So maybe not "the best around", but good, robust and definitely the best for the price asked.