Author Topic: PHPDefender permission denied  (Read 4617 times)

PHPDefender permission denied
« on: May 03, 2021, 03:56:26 AM »
CWPPro has new feature at Security Center section, namely PHP Defender.
I have enabled it to prevent hacking attempt through PHP script.
But I got the error message: Could not open configuration file /usr/local/cwp/.conf/phpdefender/rules/cwp_php_defender_interm.rules : Permission denied
the file exist with chmod 640. Trying to change to chmod 644, but give the same error.
I use PHP selector PHP 7.3, PHP 7.4 and PHP 8.0. All of them are PHP-CGI, not PHP-FPM.

How to fix it?
Thanks.
we are web developer in Indonesia with address: Tatamedia Solusindo | web hosting with mutiple choices | discounted software store

Re: PHPDefender permission denied
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2021, 04:42:46 AM »
notified to devs they will look into it.

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2021, 05:32:47 AM »
notified to devs they will look into it.

I have notified the developer, but he said I have to pay for extra cost to buy CWP Support, and he will fix it for me.
Even, when I asked about the log path of PHP defender, he said I just bought CWP Pro which is not included any support. I have no idea, if just asking for the log path I have to pay for additional support. Then, he gave me the link to snuffleupagus website which CWP uses for PHP defender. But nothing can be used from the page of snuffleupagus. no log data information too, and no information about permission denied.

CWP said, I have to pay for extra support to fix it, because there is no problem at his server.
I'm so confuse. I dont ask him to modify my server or make other configuration. I just ask about CWP feature that I installed from the admn page. And it should be a bug he must fix, right? So, should I pay for extra cost for a CWP bug?

Thanks.
we are web developer in Indonesia with address: Tatamedia Solusindo | web hosting with mutiple choices | discounted software store

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2021, 05:52:48 AM »
don't worry create the support ticket again if possible and add this thread link there.

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2021, 06:00:57 AM »
don't worry create the support ticket again if possible and add this thread link there.
Ok, Sandeep, thanks for your information. I will try to open the new ticket.

Thanks.

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2021, 06:13:36 AM »
I have opened the ticket with number: 140213
Thanks.

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2021, 09:54:23 AM »
I am also getting the same messages in the PHP defender log. Please help. I have CWP Pro