Author Topic: Outgoing mail stuck in postfix mail queue  (Read 1542 times)

Outgoing mail stuck in postfix mail queue
« on: July 10, 2023, 03:10:06 AM »
All my outgoing mail sent from scripts on the server seem to be hanging in postfix mail queue with connection refused details. Any idea why? I hit process queue and it says done but they are still there.

Re: Outgoing mail stuck in postfix mail queue
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2023, 10:24:42 PM »
You'll have to post some queue example error codes and/or relevant log entries. Hard to diagnose anything with such little information...

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2023, 10:57:30 PM »
They are all sitting under deferred in the mail queue. Here is a screenshot of one of them.

160   Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table
120   Relay access denied
6   Client host rejected: Access denied

« Last Edit: July 10, 2023, 11:00:52 PM by DragoCom »

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2023, 12:34:14 AM »
This message has an invalid addressee, so you'll have to just delete it or let it bounce back.
160   Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table

Do you have proper rDNS (reverse DNS / PTR record) set up with your ISP? It is essential for proper mail delivery. Otherwise, you will need a relayhost that will deliver the mail for you.

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2023, 08:43:39 PM »
This message has an invalid addressee, so you'll have to just delete it or let it bounce back.
160   Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table

Do you have proper rDNS (reverse DNS / PTR record) set up with your ISP? It is essential for proper mail delivery. Otherwise, you will need a relayhost that will deliver the mail for you.

gunstra67@gmail.com exists because it's mine and I get mail there every day. no-reply doesn't exist because I don't want people replying to newsletters. rDNS is setup I've had the data center check it twice niow and in cwp it shows set fine:

Your rDNS for IP 148.163.68.11 is set as following:
vserv.dragonlynx.com

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2023, 11:35:46 PM »
tail the mail logs, that will tell you exactly why