Author Topic: After a server restore POSTFIX no longer works  (Read 3177 times)

After a server restore POSTFIX no longer works
« on: October 06, 2021, 12:57:15 PM »
Hello,

I paid for CWP support to fix my postfix and mail server so that I wasn't getting invalid certificates.  They advised all they did was add my server to the /etc/hosts in an entry and rebuild my email server.  After restoring a snapshot due to other reasons (where I didn't mess with postfix at all) I am no longer able to connect to mail servers and send email.  I also had tried what they said they did probably 20 times no joke and this didn't fix the issue which is why I paid for support!  Has anyone ran into this or no SASL authentication mechanisms?  What did you do to fix it?  Any tips?  Appreciate anyone's help!

Re: After a server restore POSTFIX no longer works
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2021, 06:43:57 PM »
if you have lost certificates you will probably need to rebuild all certs from the ssl manager...but you should first check postifx/dovecot conf and what is exactly happening there
VPS & Dedicated server provider with included FREE Managed support for CWP.
http://www.studio4host.com/

*** Don't allow that your server or website is down, choose hosting provider with included expert managed support for your CWP.

Re: After a server restore POSTFIX no longer works
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2021, 03:34:47 AM »
I have renewed certs, I have rebuild the servers after adding DKIM and SPF.  I modified config where needed.  Now I can't connect on ports 993/995 and 465.  My mail server doesn't detect automatically when using thunderbird or outlook.  I also get the following in my log:

Oct  6 23:26:41 host1 postfix/smtpd[263521]: fatal: no SASL authentication mechanisms
Oct  6 23:29:59 host1 postfix/master[1904]: warning: process /usr/libexec/postfix/smtpd pid 341714 exit status 1
Oct  6 23:29:59 host1 postfix/master[1904]: warning: /usr/libexec/postfix/smtpd: bad command startup -- throttling
Oct  6 23:31:35 host1 postfix/smtpd[341819]: connect from mail-oi1-f196.google.com[209.85.167.196]

This thing has NOT worked once since I setup CWP multiple times.  I even built it from scratch and it wouldn't work until I paid support and they supposedly did exactly what I did and it "MAGICALLY" worked.  LOL.