Author Topic: roundcubemail installation daily  (Read 2323 times)

roundcubemail installation daily
« on: October 15, 2021, 12:29:28 PM »
Since 6 Oct the daily Anacron job downloads and installs roundcubemail-1.4.11-complete.tar.gz every day again.
The current version is 1.4.11 already so smth is going wrong, can you check this?

Re: roundcubemail installation daily
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2021, 01:04:40 PM »
The same seems to happen with modsecurity-owasp-latest.zip by the way, since September. I though it was maybe a daily update but the filesize is always the same.

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2021, 01:25:38 PM »
Hey all,
Same problem here with 3 different installations of CWP ( 2 CWP + 1 CWP PRO ).

I have figure out the base of the problem.
From 6/10/2021 before the daily cwp cron job around 3:08 am , a script ( unknown ) with sed command changes the "Version 1.4.11" to "Version 1.4.5" line from /usr/local/cwpsrv/var/services/roundcube/index.php, which is the reference version check of the /usr/local/cwpsrv/htdocs/resources/scripts/mail_roundcube_update script at line 5.

I have successfully "trick" the script and change line 5 of /usr/local/cwpsrv/htdocs/resources/scripts/mail_roundcube_update script with current_version=`cat /usr/local/cwpsrv/var/services/roundcube/program/include/iniset.php | grep RCMAIL_VERSION | cut -d " " -f 2 | tr -d "');"` , but today the script mail_roundcube_update has returned to the original version automatically.

I have changed it again and waiting for a solution from CWP.

Any new idea will be welcome until the bug fix.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2021, 01:30:36 PM by giokef »

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2021, 06:04:24 AM »
UPDATE.

From now on , mail_roundcub_update script replace its self everyday with the default, so i forced to block traffic του roundcube.net so the curl command timed out.