Author Topic: Mail accounts management Spinning  (Read 6383 times)

Mail accounts management Spinning
« on: October 15, 2021, 01:57:04 PM »
Hello Everyone. I see that these forums are rarely responded, but i say i give it a try.
I have one problem.
I have a fresh installed CWP and added an account.
Everything is working, except the SSL for the hostname (i have all the DNS correctly and everything is ok, but still not working)...
- And the most important, is that i cannot create email addresses from client control pannel.
From root panel is working, but custommers cannot see email addresses or create.
I always get this spinning icon and the "add email address" button is not working.

- I cannot find any error in any logs.
- I tried every trick i found on forums, regarding everything (update CWP, modify mysql postfix tables; modify postfix files... etc).
nothing seems to workin.

I must say again that as root i am able to create email addresses for the client and they seems to work.
but the client cannot see or create the email addresses.

I tried this 3 times with removing the server entirely and recreate it. and install fresh centos stream and  fresh CWP.
I created a fresh account to make sure there is no problem because of transfer...
and so on.

Everytime i get the same error.
Still, i have other two CWP servers with the same setup (centos stream and latest CWP) virtualized on the same phisical server and they work just fine.

has anyone have this problem till now? do you know any fix for it?

I see i cannot upload any image...

Thank you very much.

Re: Mail accounts management Spinning
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2021, 01:59:26 PM »
Still i am unable to upload any photo here.
but as i see.
When i click "email accounts" from client control panel and i arrive at "Mail accounts management"
there is not account appearing. instead, i see a blue spinning icon, like is trying to search for the account.
I cannot create any email account, as the button is not working.

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2021, 02:25:52 PM »
I want to add that if i press F12 and look at the "console" tab, i see the following error:

{"notify":"init_tab"}
server.promotur.ro/:21 Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected identifier

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2021, 08:55:45 AM »
Ok, Now i see when it happens.
It happens when i add about 2200 subdomains.
I have a website that have about 2200 subdomains and after adding that many subdomains, this email problem happens.
Anyone knows any reason of why? Or how can o solve it?
Thank you.

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2021, 08:34:38 PM »
Did I read that right?

2,200 (two thousand 2 hundred) SUB-Domains?

An option you might try is just do a domain forward thru the registrar.

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2021, 10:00:45 PM »
Did I read that right?

Yes. 2200 subdomains.
Each subdomain is a different website of a customer.
The owner of this website host some business pages for his customers and each subdomain is dedicated to one customer.
Any way to fix CWP to handle them?

P.S. The subdomains are working just fine.
the two problem i have are:

- When i access email list from client panel, i get the spinning icon and i can't see/edit/add emails (but i can do it from root panel.)
- The other problem is that let's encrypt does not allow ssl for all the subdomains. There is a limit at 400 or something.
With cpanel i didn't have this problem. Any advice here?

Thank you very much.

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2021, 12:50:24 AM »
Did I read that right?

Yes. 2200 subdomains.
Each subdomain is a different website of a customer.
The owner of this website host some business pages for his customers and each subdomain is dedicated to one customer.
Any way to fix CWP to handle them?

P.S. The subdomains are working just fine.
the two problem i have are:

- When i access email list from client panel, i get the spinning icon and i can't see/edit/add emails (but i can do it from root panel.)
- The other problem is that let's encrypt does not allow ssl for all the subdomains. There is a limit at 400 or something.
With cpanel i didn't have this problem. Any advice here?

Thank you very much.

Holy cr@p that's a lot of subs.

So it's like site1.domain.com, site2.domain.com, etc.

You might be better off creating a reseller account, and then having them as regular accounts.

That should fix both the email and SSL problem.

Although the maximum number of sites I've ever seen on a single server has been 504-756.
That's why I asked about the 2,200.

You can upgrade to the latest Dovecot via repo, and see if that helps also.

Backup server first.

Create /etc/yum.repos.d/dovecot.repo

[dovecot-2.3-latest]
name=Dovecot 2.3 CentOS $releasever - $basearch
baseurl=http://repo.dovecot.org/ce-2.3-latest/centos/$releasever/RPMS/$basearch
gpgkey=https://repo.dovecot.org/DOVECOT-REPO-GPG
gpgcheck=1
enabled=1

Then run: dnf update (If CentOS 8). yum update (If CentOS 7)
And reboot server.

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2021, 08:04:43 AM »
Thank you very much for your reply and ideas. i will try that.
but before, i must tell you that all the subdomains uses the same files. usually they are created into the same folders, because they all read the same files and the same database.
if i create them as regular accounts, is there any easy way to pint them to read from the same folder?
Because if they are different accounts, they might not work to read the same files, due to account security reason.

Thank you very much.

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2021, 09:28:30 PM »
I see there is no support for this.
Also, a new problem appear with roundcube because of the version 1.5.0 ... its been several days since is not working and no update.
I am going back to cpanel.

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2021, 08:07:57 AM »
you should contact cwp support since nobody can't debug your server problems without access.
VPS & Dedicated server provider with included FREE Managed support for CWP.
http://www.studio4host.com/

*** Don't allow that your server or website is down, choose hosting provider with included expert managed support for your CWP.

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2021, 09:24:04 AM »
I already contacted them regarding 3 problems.
I paid premium support to report some bugs and to find solutions for them.
But even with premium support, after 3 days, there was no answer to my ticket.
When they answered, they entered the server and instead of solving anything, they broke my email server and left it broken, until next day when i figured out and had to solve it myself.
On a production server, with several websites of different companies.

CWP is a nice and interesting project.
Its very nice that comes fresh and in some ways is the best panel there.
But they have many bugs when you install fresh server.
A fresh server should be perfect. people should have no problem with a fresh installation.
But they decided to implant some bugs, to have an income from premium support.
And the premium support is worst than free support at cpanel.
cpanel becomes more and more expensive, but everything just works.
In 15 years since i use cpanel, i only needed support 3 or 4 times. and it was free.
With CWP i tried for several months a migration and never been able to make a server to work as it should.
And when i got to make it work, next day roundcube stoped to work, out of nowhere.
After 4 days of trying to fix it, i found that CWP installed the latest version of roundcube (1.5.0) the wrong way and it couldn't connect to postfix properly.
So i decided to go back to cpanel.
In 4 hours i converted back 3 servers from CWP in one cpanel server and everything is working just fine now.

I must say that CWP webserver is a bit faster and this is what made me try for several months to implement CWP.
As an example, in a fresh wordpress, with CWP i can make it load it in 350ms and with cpanel, never got better than 650ms.
But with the current problem CWP have, i rather not recommend it.

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2021, 04:06:55 PM »
I totally agree with you, it has so many flaws that many avoid using CWP. Above all, however, the same thoughts keep coming back to me that errors are deliberately produced in order to push the paid support, this is because if a server runs for a few days without problems, but then only shows errors after an update, this shows that everything is not going as it should. DEAR CWP team, I've written this several times, you piss off your customers. We are gradually converting all servers and moving away from the CWP!