Author Topic: Block host names  (Read 2373 times)

Block host names
« on: November 28, 2021, 04:10:15 AM »
Hi All,

In CSF, and I block a hostname? My WP sites are getting hammered by AWS hosts and it is causing a lot of grief. I have WordFence set to kill access for a month with the wrong username/password/recovery attempts, but they just keep coming and eating up bandwidth and resources. It is getting ridiculous and shooting. Shooting their abuse email every day about 10-20 times a day telling them to get the IP fixed, but they take forever to do anything.

Trying to block any hostname that ends in compute.amazonaws.com

Thanks,
Doug

Re: Block host names
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2021, 11:34:47 AM »
If you have some older installation of cwp then you can install Bruteforce protection it covers WordPress also
Code: [Select]
sh /scripts/cwp_bruteforce_protection
if you have some plans to block aws then it's recommended to block it on IP range, as per IP that list will be too long.
Also, you should modify how many IP your CSF firewall can block, the default setup has 200 so you should increase it to 500.

We use the same as this number of hacked AWS servers is increasing and they attack all accounts on the server at the same time causing server overload.

blocking IP range
Code: [Select]
csf -d 10.10.10.10/24 "aws ip range block"
VPS & Dedicated server provider with included FREE Managed support for CWP.
http://www.studio4host.com/

*** Don't allow that your server or website is down, choose hosting provider with included expert managed support for your CWP.