Author Topic: Can't add databses from migrated user from another CWP server  (Read 3901 times)

Can't add databses from migrated user from another CWP server
« on: December 13, 2021, 08:52:37 PM »
I have used the migration CWP -> CWP option to migrate user account with a package from another CWP server and i logged from the control web panel for this user and from the mysql manager tab i tried to add mysql user and database, it showed successfully, but they were not added. The mysql users were also not added, but i can see them from mysql manager from admin control panel

When i try to delete them, it says error invalid system user. So, i assume this is a bug for migrated users, what should i do? I have lots of email accounts on that user account and wouldn't be possible to delete the user account and add it again manually. Also how can i remove those two mysql user accounts from there?

Re: Can't add databses from migrated user from another CWP server
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2021, 04:32:26 PM »
Hi

I have a very similiar issue. When i imported my accounts it created multiple users for the same database but the only difference was the allowed host.

I can see these users in the CWP admin MySQL manager and when i try and delete them I get the error

Code: [Select]
Error
Invalid System User

Did you find a solution?

thanks

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2021, 04:33:32 PM »
Hello, no. I haven't found a solution yet, but i logged in MySQL from SSH and removed the users and databases manually.

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2021, 04:35:37 PM »
Any chance you can give me the MySQL commands, I am a little new to Linux and I want to make sure I do the right thing.

It could be a issue with how the GUI checks the supplied command before running the command line.

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2021, 04:52:53 PM »
I found an easy way to delete the users

• Goto (CWP Admin --> SQL Services --> phpMyAdmin --> Users Tab)
  • Select the users you don't want
  • Scroll down to 'Remove selected user accounts'
  • Click Go

This will delete the mysql users with no issue. Doing this by the SSH will have the same outcome.

@Radical Redemption: thansk for the feedback.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2021, 05:49:23 PM by shoulders »

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2021, 05:09:06 PM »
However, I have too many mailboxes on that specific user account I have migrated from another CWP server and I am not sure how to fix this user account to be able to add databses..

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2021, 05:57:09 PM »
  • can you access the usernames from phpmyadmin? Try creating databases in this.
  • The users should only be for the databases, mail I think is stored as files? You should just be able to copy the whole email repo from one account to another (FTP or file manager). https://doc.dovecot.org/admin_manual/migrating_mailboxes/
  • is it an issue with the username starting with an underscore? I am sure i read somewhere the underscore is an invalid character to start the username
  • Is it a permissions thing?

If i think of anything else I will let you know.