Author Topic: Cannot Open User Panel  (Read 3276 times)

Cannot Open User Panel
« on: January 16, 2022, 11:14:21 PM »
When I attempt to open the panel for any of the user accounts, from the CWP "List Users" page, the result is "404 Not Found".  Also, if I try to log in from [hostname]:2083, I get a 500 server error.  How can this be corrected?

Michael

Re: Cannot Open User Panel
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2022, 07:22:21 AM »
make sure you mysql has no any bad config manually added from your side and then rebuild user config
Code: [Select]
/scripts/cwpsrv_rebuild_user_conf
VPS & Dedicated server provider with included FREE Managed support for CWP.
http://www.studio4host.com/

*** Don't allow that your server or website is down, choose hosting provider with included expert managed support for your CWP.

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2022, 04:40:26 PM »
Thank you.  I appear to have a bad configuration with MySQL.  At some point, during the CWP installation, I changed the root password via phpMyAdmin, and it is was not reflected in the shell:

[root@server backup]# mysql
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

I can get in if I have it prompt for a password:

[root@server backup]# mysql -u root -p
Enter password:
MariaDB [(none)]>

However, the cwpsrv_rebuild_user_conf script cannot run as-is.

# /scripts/cwpsrv_rebuild_user_conf
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Is there a way to correct this, and not make it prompt for a password?

Michael

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2022, 06:22:55 PM »
Thank you.  I appear to have a bad configuration with MySQL.  At some point, during the CWP installation, I changed the root password via phpMyAdmin, and it is was not reflected in the shell:

[root@server backup]# mysql

I can get in if I have it prompt for a password:

[root@server backup]# mysql -u root -p
Enter password:
MariaDB [(none)]>

However, the cwpsrv_rebuild_user_conf script cannot run as-is.

# /scripts/cwpsrv_rebuild_user_conf

Is there a way to correct this, and not make it prompt for a password?

Michael

I think there is a file that various things looks into for the mysql root password. Not sure where it is. You can revert back to the old password?

Edit:
Found it.

Use
sh /scripts/mysql_pwd_reset to reset the mysql root password

then check

/root/.my.cnf
and
/usr/local/cwpsrv/htdocs/resources/admin/include/db_conn.php
should have the passwords match.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 06:28:00 PM by iraqiboy90 »

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2022, 12:33:52 AM »
I looked in /root/.my.cnf, and found that the password variable was apparently still set to the original value.  I simply updated it with the password I had used earlier via phpMyAdmin.  This allowed root to log into mySQL without prompting for a password.

Next, I ran "/scripts/cwpsrv_rebuild_user_conf", which then enabled me to access the user panels via CWP.

However, there were a couple of errors from running that rebuild script:

** (pkttyagent:27182): WARNING **: 16:36:20.768: Unable to register authentication agent: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1.Error.Failed: Cannot determine user of subject
Error registering authentication agent: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1.Error.Failed: Cannot determine user of subject (polkit-error-quark, 0)
Redirecting to /bin/systemctl reload cwp-phpfpm.service

** (pkttyagent:27200): WARNING **: 16:36:20.832: Unable to register authentication agent: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1.Error.Failed: Cannot determine user of subject
Error registering authentication agent: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1.Error.Failed: Cannot determine user of subject (polkit-error-quark, 0)

I cannot determine whether this is causing some other issue.

Michael